It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2009, 10:37 AM   #1
(female)

Sher5222 HB User
Can anyone help me understand my MRI results??

Hi everone
Im new to this board.... I have had back pain for 15 plus years from a car accident. I am currently seeing a PM dr that has diagnosed me with multi level degenerative disk disease from a MRI. I have my results but I don't understand what they mean. Can anyone help? It makes no sense to me and my Dr didn't really tell me anything......

The report is long so I will try to shorten it where I can..

FINDINGS: Lumbar lordosis is maintained. There is about 2 mm retrolisthesis of L4 on L5 and 3mm retrolisthesis of L5 on S1 due to degenerative changes. There is moderate disc space narrowing with desiccation at L3-4 and L4-5 and disc disiccation at L2-3. There is mild posterior disc space narrowing at L5 S1. Discogenic endplate marrow changes are present at L3-4 and L4-5, combination of Modic types I and II. The modic type I endplate marrow on the left at L4-5 are reduced compared to last year but the modic type I endplate marrow at the mid and right side of the L4-5 disc level have slightly increased.

L2-3 Broad based posterior disc protrusion with tear of the posterior central disc annulus. The protruded disc fragment is about 5.9 mm in ap thickness. There is flattening of the ventral surface of the thecal sac.

L3-4 Broad based posterior disc protrusion with inferely prolapsed posterior central disc extrusion, about 5.2 mm AP X 20.5 mm CC. There is associated tear of the posterior disc annulus. There is flattening of the ventral sufgace of the thecal sac without significant spinal stenosis. There is mild right and no significant left latereal recess narrowing.

L4-5 Broad based posterior disc extrusion is present, about 6.8 mm AP, thicker than before. There is moderate left and moderate to severe right lateral recess narrowing.

L5-S1 Broad based posterior disc bulging is present. There is no significant spinal stenosis or lateral recess narrowing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2009, 06:38 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

uspatriot68 HB User
Re: Can anyone help me understand my MRI results??

[QUOTE=Sher5222;3872622]Hi everone
Im new to this board.... I have had back pain for 15 plus years from a car accident. I am currently seeing a PM dr that has diagnosed me with multi level degenerative disk disease from a MRI. I have my results but I don't understand what they mean. Can anyone help? It makes no sense to me and my Dr didn't really tell me anything......

The report is long so I will try to shorten it where I can..

FINDINGS: Lumbar lordosis is maintained. There is about 2 mm retrolisthesis of L4 on L5 and 3mm retrolisthesis of L5 on S1 due to degenerative changes. There is moderate disc space narrowing with desiccation at L3-4 and L4-5 and disc disiccation at L2-3. There is mild posterior disc space narrowing at L5 S1. Discogenic endplate marrow changes are present at L3-4 and L4-5, combination of Modic types I and II. The modic type I endplate marrow on the left at L4-5 are reduced compared to last year but the modic type I endplate marrow at the mid and right side of the L4-5 disc level have slightly increased.

L2-3 Broad based posterior disc protrusion with tear of the posterior central disc annulus. The protruded disc fragment is about 5.9 mm in ap thickness. There is flattening of the ventral surface of the thecal sac.

L3-4 Broad based posterior disc protrusion with inferely prolapsed posterior central disc extrusion, about 5.2 mm AP X 20.5 mm CC. There is associated tear of the posterior disc annulus. There is flattening of the ventral sufgace of the thecal sac without significant spinal stenosis. There is mild right and no significant left latereal recess narrowing.

L4-5 Broad based posterior disc extrusion is present, about 6.8 mm AP, thicker than before. There is moderate left and moderate to severe right lateral recess narrowing.

L5-S1 Broad based posterior disc bulging is present. There is no significant spinal stenosis or lateral recess narrowing.[/QUOTE]

The best thing you can do is start searching all the medical terms that are in your mri. That is what I did. I have spinal stenosis and a large L4-5 extrusion. I have had two laminectomies. One cervical and one lumbar.

Last edited by Administrator; 11-28-2009 at 09:27 AM.

Closed Thread