It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2009, 10:04 AM   #1
(female)

amycate HB User
MRI after my accident

No idea what this means as my neurologist isn't very helpful. I just went back to him so I could get the report to bring to my orthopedic dr next week.

L5-S1 - minimal anterolisthesis with central disk bulge causing moderate stenosis and no foraminal compromise
L4-L5 - central disk herniation broad based, accompanied by ligamentous hypertrophy of the facet joints producing moderate stenosis, no foraminal compromise

My pain feels as if it is getting progressively worse. I had only had the MRI of my lumbar spine but since I have a lot of neck stiffness and pain and now I feel like I have pain/tightness in my jaw I am concerned. I was eating an apple and could barely take a bite out of it.

ACK!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2009, 10:50 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User
Re: MRI after my accident

I'm not the best at MRI results but it does appear that if you have symptoms in your low back your test results do show findings that may correspond with the pain you have. Make sure, when you see the doctor, to explain exactly what symptoms you have along with what makes it better or worse. I learned from my orthopedic spine surgeon that this information is key - if they know it's worse when you are driving vs laying down they can start to look at what is playing into the overall problem

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2009, 08:49 AM   #3
(female)

amycate HB User

thanks! i am seeing an orthopedic doc on tues. i am afraid the chiro is making it worse. chiro was great for my scoliosis growing up and general tension, etc. but this is serious. i never had an issue w L4L5 before. i also have so much tension in my neck. it's getting worse. i can barely open my mouth wide enough to bite an apple. i have such pain in my ears and headaches.

i'm so frustrated. my husband and i are both injured and can't get anything done around the house. my attorney advised me to get a cleaning lady so i'm going to. i hadn't wanted to but our house is still pretty clean. i could just use a hand. i have a hard time asking for help. in nyc, i had one and i could have done it myself. now i am pushing myself and never have a minute to rest. i have only taken 2 days off from work in the entire month and am running around to an appt every day at lunch.

i hope they can get to the bottom of this!!

Old 02-14-2009, 01:14 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

The cleaning lady is a good idea. We have 2 cats and I do end up doing vacuuming but I have a very light vacuum. I use our cleaning lady for the hard stuff (bathrooms, tile floors, kitchen) and I can do light dusting, etc.

Closed Thread