It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2009, 04:05 PM   #1
(female)

Janaroi HB User
I too feel SERIOUS pain after Lumbar Surgery, S1, L4, & L5 HELP !

Greetings All ~ Thanks for listening too, in advance. 7 Months ago, I underwent Spinal Fusion after 2 years of LOTS of pain and moments, where I had to get on all 4's to get relief from such sharp pains. This was all on the left side of my body. And I began having a different kind of pain on my right buttock moving down the side of my leg and then from my knee, to my toes. I can only stand about 15 minutes before the pain begins. It has gotten my worse and I do nothing anymore but sit on my behind and watch TV, I just came back to using my puter, gosh 1st time in a long time. The fushion surgery did heel my left side but there is no answer as why I am having pain so bad on the right side ! The Surgeon ordered a $3500 MRI with contrast, new year, new expense for Insurance, SIGH! Anyway, my Surgean, which I called after 1 week, because I still had not heard from him. He called from "OR", so without my report in his hands, and told he, "what he had done, worked, I was fushing fine. I now have the report myself, CD and written report. He said, I would probably have some type of chronic pain but I could see him for $325.00 and we could talk again. This is where I am today. I need to mention too, I go to Georgia Pain Managment, for my meds and in 2 years, he has given me 14 shots in my back and refuses anymore. I have 2 Beautiful Grandchildren, I want to return to be a Hairstylist, (35 tears) I worked had to get all my wonderful clients and do a few on the side, but I can't return to a Salon, I simply have too much pain. I am 54 today, and I have no life. I raise (4) Maltese Pup Dogs, my Babies, and I am married, although, we haven't had a marriage, for my lack of energy and my pain. I felt and feel CRAZY at times with the pain and the looks I get, from Docs., Pharamicies, Insurance Folks, Uggggggggg, watching my every pill, so I have to count my pills so I have enough for next month's refil ! REAL panic at times and trust me after all this time, it's not that I am getting HIGH on taking them, this is REAL pain, even though I at times feel totally CRAZY !!!
Thanks for listening ! Any suggestions, I would so appreciate !!
I go by Jan !

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2009, 08:29 AM   #2
(female)

queenie5 HB User
Re: I too feel SERIOUS pain after Lumbar Surgery, S1, L4, & L5 HELP !

Jan, I'm in the same boat. Surg. was 18 months ago. I've continued to get worse. I lost my job as a nurse. I can walk very short distances and stand for about 10 minutes. I've had abou 8 blocks, and I'm on Morphine. I scheduled for a revision in 2 days. I never fused so they have to re do it. Keep looking for advice. I understand your pain. My life has been taken away. Hopefully I'll get some improvement.

Closed Thread