It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2009, 03:18 PM   #1
(female)

robochick HB User
compressed vertebrae fracture

does anybody have a compressed vertebrae fracture and suffer with chronic pain. I broke my back 10 years ago which resulted in compressed vertebrae fractures. just wanted to know how this has effected other people, as I suffer from chronic pain as a result

Old 05-22-2010, 01:19 AM   #2
(female)

Lynette Mc HB User
Re: compressed vertebrae fracture

I am so sorry, they should have offered you surgery! I have the same injury from a sledding accident in late February this year. My compression fracture is out 33% so my option was to have surgery or suffer chronic back pain the rest of my life! Not an option for me so I had an intensive 4 hr surgery and recovered in the hospital for 2 weeks taking the most mind blowing drugs, dilotted. Morphine and all the muscle relaxants would not stop the sever back spasams after I arrived at the hospital a day after my injury, due to a snow storm! Anyway I am happy to report that I home recovering in a large corsette backbrace and have no pain! I have 2 titaniam rods in my back securing the area so it can heal and they didn't have to use cadaver bone! yuck! The new way is do a 2nd surgery and remove the rods so they don't cause complications. You should seek a professional consultation from an Orthepedic Surgeon, I would not trust a general DR. when we are talking about your back.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread