It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2009, 02:08 PM   #1
(male)

flimba HB User
Did I jump too soon?

I just had a laminectomy at L4-L5 and L5-S1. (4 days ago). I thought I did sufficient research but now I am hearing about long long recovery times and preocedures that don't eliminate the nasty sciatic pain. I have a life I need to get back to, I am worried I may be out of commision and on pain meds for a while.... I have tried averything for my back/leg pain over the last 3 years this was my last ditch effort.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2009, 02:45 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

marshrose HB User
Re: Did I jump too soon?

4 days is nothing when worrying about recovery!! Give it time, remember how long that poor nerve was impinged and let it some time to heal. I've read the sciatic nerve is 4feet long and takes upto 1 month per inch to heal if not longer. and I've read tons of success stories with that proceedure, which did help me to an extent but I am now requiring another surgery for a LARGE whopper of a reherniation that happened immediately after surgery, prior to the recovery room. Just don't lift, bend or twist. Its going to take time so give yourself and your body a break and don't worry.

And just cuz I said what happened to me, it's not the norm whatsoever, so don't even get that worry in your head!

Last edited by marshrose; 02-28-2009 at 02:46 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread