It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2009, 12:47 AM   #1
(female)

LL37 HB UserLL37 HB User
Question Muscles and overheating

I've never dealt with my muscles over heating so much before with my issues in my back, my SCM and now my arms get hot and feaverish, does anyone know if this feaverish stuff could be from the muscles? I've not been diagnosed with fibro., but I'm wondering if that would be it.
I have trps all over my upper back and now I think in my neck too. My SCM has been overheating at night after use in the daytime and they truely give me a burning sensation that takes almost 30 minutes of ice to calm down. Does anyone else have this, is it like energy in the body, if I heat the back, then front of my neck overheats. Like i put energy in and then I had to take some out or the other muscles was burn?

Old 03-25-2009, 07:43 AM   #2
(male)

rainiermec1 HB User
Re: Muscles and overheating

[QUOTE=LauraLight1972;3932261]I've never dealt with my muscles over heating so much before with my issues in my back, my SCM and now my arms get hot and feaverish, does anyone know if this feaverish stuff could be from the muscles? I've not been diagnosed with fibro., but I'm wondering if that would be it.
I have trps all over my upper back and now I think in my neck too. My SCM has been overheating at night after use in the daytime and they truely give me a burning sensation that takes almost 30 minutes of ice to calm down. Does anyone else have this, is it like energy in the body, if I heat the back, then front of my neck overheats. Like i put energy in and then I had to take some out or the other muscles was burn?[/QUOTE]

I have the same thing especially over my lower back. My Pain Management Doctor told me that when you experience pain the capillaries on the surface tend to open up, making it hot. I have heard from a massage therapist lateley that this is how she finds where her patients are experiencing pain. Mine is chiefly at night and seems very hot to the touch.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2009, 09:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

hi laura. just wondering what IS your 'SCM"? i am just not familiar with that abbreviation. the one thing about our bodies is whenver there is ANY real inflammation going on in any given area, it DOES give off heat/energy. its just the bodies response to inflamation with increased bloodflow and also energy to that area to help in healing. not a good thing in every case, but this could explain the heat. there are other types of conditions as well that can either makes things hotter than normal or colder than normal. there is also spinal tract(the spinothalamic tract) that when it is affected/damaged in some way can REALLY create insane temp issues and also take away your ability to even tell the difference from hot to cold. i have this on my R side from the spino tract damage in my cord. very crazy to say the least. everything temp wise that touches my skin feels totally neutral or room temp. the hottest hot and the coldest cold feel exactly the same for me from the level if my cord injury(right directly below the breast,only on my R side)and on down to my toes. there is a name for this condition called partial brown sequard syndrome. very insane. our bodies are just capable under certain circumstances of doing some really totally off the wall types of things,or perceptions of things. marcia

Old 03-25-2009, 04:09 PM   #4
(female)

LL37 HB UserLL37 HB User

sternoclavicularmastoid, the muscles that goes from your side of neck to behind ears.

Old 03-25-2009, 04:11 PM   #5
(female)

LL37 HB UserLL37 HB User

I've got sensitivity to temperature now all across my arms(fronts) and some of my pec area, it's daily, and I'm not sure if it is indicitave the general muscle instability of the TOC(thoracic outlet syndrom) or what). It just came on in the last week.

Old 03-26-2009, 07:04 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

just exactly what is your temp sensitivity like, as far as what occurs when heat or cold is introduced to that area you are speaking of? just what does your body do and what do you actually 'feel"?

i know i have posted to you on the spinal boards so i know you mentioned torn and bulged discs? just how long ago was that last MRI done on you and do you have that copy of it to type out exactly what findings were written in that summary at the very end? this description by what he interpretting rad actually saw and just how he worded it really is important. if this past MRI is more than about a year old, you should have a follow up comparrative study done with another, definitely using a contrast dye. what i need to know is just what those damaged discs may be affecting as far as any cord compression goes or ANY nerve impairment. this would all be worderd in that summary.

just curious here about something. do you still retain the ability to actually sweat in that affected muscle area? thanks for explaining that SCM for me. Marcia

Old 03-29-2009, 07:11 PM   #7
(female)

LL37 HB UserLL37 HB User

[QUOTE=feelbad;3932620]hi laura. just wondering what IS your 'SCM"? i am just not familiar with that abbreviation. the one thing about our bodies is whenver there is ANY real inflammation going on in any given area, it DOES give off heat/energy. its just the bodies response to inflamation with increased bloodflow and also energy to that area to help in healing. not a good thing in every case, but this could explain the heat. there are other types of conditions as well that can either makes things hotter than normal or colder than normal. there is also spinal tract(the spinothalamic tract) that when it is affected/damaged in some way can REALLY create insane temp issues and also take away your ability to even tell the difference from hot to cold. i have this on my R side from the spino tract damage in my cord. very crazy to say the least. everything temp wise that touches my skin feels totally neutral or room temp. the hottest hot and the coldest cold feel exactly the same for me from the level if my cord injury(right directly below the breast,only on my R side)and on down to my toes. there is a name for this condition called partial brown sequard syndrome. very insane. our bodies are just capable under certain circumstances of doing some really totally off the wall types of things,or perceptions of things. marcia[/QUOTE]

I realized I pulled the muscles right below my clavicle trying to do an exercise, I guess they were pretty scarred from my whiplash. I was laying flat on the floor with my arms out and my front down and I tried to life my head up and my arms with palms out to strengthen the mid area between the scaplua and I caused a strain(not so fun). IT's taken about 4 days of ice to calm down, but the cool feeling along my arms continues, I'll be up at the chiropractic school tomorrow and asking them about this symptom. Basically I feel like I have ben gay along both arms from shoulder to wrist and they are sensitive to cold. I'm wondering if I'm overstretching the pecs, and it's stretching way into the arms. It's like one set of muscles leads into the other and causes other issues. I have lot so of relief from my pecs, near my arm pits now, but cold arms. yikes.I'm stretching them gentler to see if my arms feel better, they're not sore but a little bruised feeling up in my upper arms(where muscle builders usually flex) maybe the delts? not sure of the name?

Old 03-30-2009, 07:21 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

that is interesting. so do you have that MRI report hon? honestly,just knowing what is actually involved at that spinal level per the rad interpretation would really help in possibly narrowing down the reasons why. there IS some very direct connections there depending upon what is being affected or involved and to what degree up in your c spine area right now. it would REALLY help me to help you. marcia

Closed Thread