It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2009, 04:35 PM   #1
(female)

roxy703 HB User
Spondylosis/pain meds question

I have grade II L5/S1 Spondyolosis. I have tried many pain meds but nothing that truly helps. I've tried Celebrex, Naproxen, Mobic, Vicoprofin, Vicodin, Ultram, Percocet. The only combo that came close to giving me much relief was the Percocet and Mobic together.

For those of you with Spondy, what pain meds have you found success with? How much relief are you getting?

Old 04-14-2009, 06:29 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

nscrbug HB User
Re: Spondylosis/pain meds question

I had been using Tramadol (generic Ultram) for about 6 months, but quit using it...went through an absolutely horrid withdrawal, too. Now I take, ummm...nothing. lol I have grade 2 spondy and DDD at L5-S1 with bilateral pars defect. I used to have really bad sciatica due to severe spinal stenosis, too...but I managed to solve that problem with an inversion table. Now I just deal with the chronic low back pain...daily exercise definitely helps. The more I stay mobile and moving, the less it hurts. The moment I sit or lay down and then try to get up...my back instantly stiffens up.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2009, 09:20 PM   #3
(female)

bekkieboop89 HB User
Re: Spondylosis/pain meds question

Hi Roxyfinn

I had grade 3 spondy (Fusion as of Dec. 29th 2008), and before the surgery I tried all the same pain meds you listed - on and off for years. I found when the area was more irritated than usual Flexoril and ice would work to relieve some pain - but I believe that was only because it was taking care of the pain from the inflammation, not the 'root' pain.

I really never found any one drug that completely diminished the spondy pain, but I found Loratab worked to reduce the pain somewhat. Mind you, it 'stopped working' after a few months, and I had never again found anything that had worked that well.

I hope you find a combination that works for you.

Take care!

Closed Thread