It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2009, 08:48 AM   #1
(male)

deviphish HB User
granulation tissue "scar tissue" I'M BACK !!

HELLO
it's been a while since i posted a new thread , i have been trying to gey my life back - BUT I'M IN P A I N !! I hope everybody is doing well and getting stronger every day , I miss you all...
I need some advise , so this is what is going on : I had a 2 level fusion l4/5, l5/s1 on feb 20th of 2008 , everything was going good for about 8-10 months and then the pain came back.. I recently had a catscan that showed a good fusion taken place {not 100% fused though} , and a mri that showed a lot of scar tissue built up on the right side of my scars.
My PM doctor performed a epidural shot last week to hopefully reduse the pain and numbness , but that did'nt work.. Saw my PM doc today , and he said that I need to follow up with my surgent and possibly have the scar tissue removed !! He told me that I have a great deal of tissue thats causing me the disscomfort that I'm in , showed me a picture from the epidural procedure and my nerve was blocked off by the s. tissue..
My question is for you all " have any of you had scar tissue removed after a back fusion , and if so what does it involve" ? I'm going to see my surgent , whom I love on may 11th - but I'm nervous and looking for answers..
Emily , Linda , Marslosmom and the rest of the gang I hope you're all doing well and i MISS you all more than you no <>
THANKS BILLY

Old 05-03-2009, 03:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB User
Re: granulation tissue "scar tissue" I'M BACK !!

Hi Billy!

I just answered your other post! Good to see you back here, but sad to see that you're not doing so well.

Hugs,
Emily

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2009, 08:46 PM   #3
(male)

deviphish HB User

Emily , i forgot to ask you.. Is Marlosmom , Baybreeze , Deb , moldova , pepper and the rest of the gang still around ? It's to funny , you're all like my extended family.. we all help each other out when needed , and you "esp" helped me when I needed it the most.....

Last edited by deviphish; 05-03-2009 at 09:14 PM.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:47 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kyma3 HB User

Hey Billy Boyyou don't know how much I have thought about you and praying you were doing well. I can't really answer anything about the scar tissue but I am sure someone on here has probably dealt with this issue also. I sometimes feel I have something pulling at my abdominal incision which is probably adhesions and they can also be very painful. I am sorry to read that you are in so much pain and I pray the surgeon will be able to help you.

I am also still in the recovery and have not been told yet if there is any fusion going on. I am having a lot of sciatic pain lately but I do have my next doctor appt. in June so I will ask a lot of questions then. Don't want to hijack your post so for now please keep us informed on what the doctor recommends and I hope your pain lessens.

Linda

Old 05-04-2009, 09:49 AM   #5
(male)

deviphish HB User

LI N DA - - WOOOhooooo it's very nice to hear from you , nothing like a familiar voice (or thread).. I hope you're recovering well and they have you some what comfortable , you will fuse 100 % just wait.. When was your last surgery ? I'm sorry I have not been on here and keeping up to date with you and every one else , it's a hard thing trying to get your life back after surgery ; got a little side tracked ; I have been thinking of you LiNDA , and it's unfortunate that we are all still on here telling our horror stories BUT it's also good to hear the good ones.. You're a good one and put a smile on my face , I realized that so many people have helped me out along the way before and after my surgery and that i want to help those who need it.. any advice is good advice ..

Well like you read I took a little bump in the road here , my back has been in lots of pain for about 2-3 months.. got a work up _ MRI -C.SCAN blah blah blah , good thing is my fusion looks very good BAD THING is I'm still in pain.. I had a epidural 2 weeks ago with no relief , MY PM doc. said I do have LOTS of s tissue and he took a picture of my hardware in my back. he showed me the films and some nerve roots are being cut off by the tissue and causing the numbness and pain... soooo we will see what's next , next week when i see my doctor...

It's always nice talking with you momA beaR !!!! LOL.... BILLY

Old 05-04-2009, 10:27 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

BlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB User

Yeah, there's a whole different group here now. Some of the old gang pops in now and then, and Linda's around, but that's pretty much how this board goes. The successes generally disappear, which is a GOOD thing, as they're off living their lives! I miss them, but they're really a testimony to how many more successes there are than failures!

Emily

Old 05-04-2009, 02:44 PM   #7
(male)

deviphish HB User

success stories are the good ones !! I actually chatted with Linda today , it's so good to be talking with you all again.. Hopefully my back does'nt require any further surgery , but I'm willing to do what ever is necessary at this point.. Pain is not a pleasant thing to deal with and I'm in a lot of it.. I will be getting some answers next week when I visit my ortho doctor , my PM doctor did not seem so promising last week when i saw him..

It's been raining out all day up here in dirty jersey , so that does'nt make my back feel any better BUT talking with you does E.. Hope you have a good night and i'll talk with you during the week - - - dEv

Old 05-05-2009, 12:02 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

kyma3 HB User
Wink Re: granulation tissue "scar tissue" I'M BACK !!

Like Emily said there is a new group in town but I get on every day just to keep up with everybody. Emily is doing her usual thing of being supportive and informative to everyone. (She is a Special girl). I sure have missed being called "Moma Bear" but I was hoping and praying that things were working out for you. I know that scar tissue can cause a lot of problems and pain so hopefully you will get some encouraging words from your surgeon next week.

My last surgery was March 12, 2008 and so far no one has told me about any fusion. Whenever I ask they say that the surgeon will have to look at the x-rays and notify me and then I never hear anything. I see the PA every 6 months. I am also having a lot of problems with the rain causing arthritis to act up and the sciatic nerve is really irritated. Can be so discouraging because sometimes I feel like it is starting back up again like before the surgery. I was never pain free but my PA said she doesn't expect me to be "pain free".

I am now on SS disability and still have a hard time staying up on my feet for very long. I have been doing a lot of sewing quilts for premies at Vanderbilt Hospital in Nashville but have to take a lot of breaks.

You take care and keep in touch.

Linda (Moma Bear)

Old 05-05-2009, 06:07 AM   #9
(male)

dano365 HB User

hi i am scheduled to have back surgery 05/20/09 i will be having TDR @s1,l5,l4 and a fusion @s1,l5,l4. has any one had this done and what was the outcome. any help would be great as i am getting a bit nervous as the surgery date approachs thanks Dan.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:09 AM   #10
(male)

deviphish HB User

MOma bear~~You're doing great , keep on quilting them blankets and what ever else.. You will have a solid fusion , next time you see your x-rays " watch "!!!!
I don't no what's going on with my back , but I'm hurting pretty good.. You no me I try to keep all of that inside and just keep on trucken , but this is DEF. A SLAP IN THE FACE !! Right now i can't work , because the pain is too bad and my foot is all numb.. Finally got my wood shop ware I wanted it :well almost anyway: then BANG this comes about..

well I'm gonna stop moaning over here , Like i said it's very nice to be talking with you Linda < take time out to smell the roses > .......
DEv

Old 05-05-2009, 10:48 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

kyma3 HB User

Billy Boy I am so sorry things are not doing too good right now but I know it will get better. Keep us informed.

Linda

Last edited by kyma3; 05-05-2009 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Duh!!!!

Closed Thread