It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2009, 02:30 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Katielyn HB User
Can low back pain travel to the groin area?

I'm just wondering if low back pain can travel to the groin area or around there and cause discomfort? I have chronic low back pain and started feeling a discomfort in the groin/urinary tract area and didn't know if low back pain could cause that. Anyone know? Thanks everyone!!!

Old 05-06-2009, 03:30 PM   #2
(female)

Drain Bamaged HB User
Re: Can low back pain travel to the groin area?

[QUOTE=Katielyn;3977277]I'm just wondering if low back pain can travel to the groin area or around there and cause discomfort? I have chronic low back pain and started feeling a discomfort in the groin/urinary tract area and didn't know if low back pain could cause that. Anyone know? Thanks everyone!!![/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]

Hi Katielyn ~

Yes, I went through the same issue along with hubby. Who was skeptical when I'd mentioned to him to see the Chiro. Through the years of seeing the Chiro I'd learned about this occurance. Hubby, just shook his head. Till it became overwhelming then he called and went in to Chiro. After afew adjustments he was relieved.

Hopeful all goes well for you..

Regards ~ DB

[/COLOR][/FONT]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2009, 06:18 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Katielyn HB User

[QUOTE=Drain Bamaged;3977342][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]

Hi Katielyn ~

Yes, I went through the same issue along with hubby. Who was skeptical when I'd mentioned to him to see the Chiro. Through the years of seeing the Chiro I'd learned about this occurance. Hubby, just shook his head. Till it became overwhelming then he called and went in to Chiro. After afew adjustments he was relieved.

Hopeful all goes well for you..

Regards ~ DB

[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Wow, it's amazing how everything can be connected!

Old 05-09-2009, 08:38 AM   #4
(female)

JanKR HB User

Hi,
It can definitely cause groin pain from my experience. I had a laminectomy with fusion of L4-L5 last November. Prior to my surgery I was having right sided groin pain to the point that I thought I might have an ovarian cyst. During my work up I actually had a pelvic US to rule out pelvic problems. I had herniated discs with stenosis L3-L4, L4-L5 and since having the surgery I have not had the groin pain. Most of my nerve compression and symptoms were on the right side. There is a femoral nerve that runs through the groin area. I suspect that it gets irritated or pinched and that could cause the groin pain.
Hope you are getting some relief.
Jan.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:54 AM   #5
(female)

robochick HB User

[QUOTE=Katielyn;3977277]I'm just wondering if low back pain can travel to the groin area or around there and cause discomfort? I have chronic low back pain and started feeling a discomfort in the groin/urinary tract area and didn't know if low back pain could cause that. Anyone know? Thanks everyone!!![/QUOTE]

Hi,

Your pain can travel, my back pain travels to my groin & hip area also, have you spoken to your pain management doctor about it yet?

I hope you can get some releif from it, take care xx

Old 05-09-2009, 04:06 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

BrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB User

Hello! I experienced lots of groin pain when I broke my hip. Do you have any issues with your hips? Just a thought - Good luck - Kath

Old 06-20-2009, 08:16 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Katielyn HB User

[QUOTE=robochick;3979934]Hi,

Your pain can travel, my back pain travels to my groin & hip area also, have you spoken to your pain management doctor about it yet?

I hope you can get some releif from it, take care xx[/QUOTE]

Don't have insurance right now but I am feeling better.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:53 AM   #8
(male)

lemonflavor HB User

This can be a symptom if the pain is coming from the sacroiliac joint area too.

Old 06-20-2009, 12:34 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

pooby HB Userpooby HB Userpooby HB Userpooby HB Userpooby HB Userpooby HB User

L3L4 can give groin pain

Old 06-21-2009, 08:13 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

Hi,

Like the others have posted, Yes, it certainly can cause pain to radiate to the groin area. I have also had that happen before my surgery. I had severe lumbar stenosis, then got a multi-level laminectomies at L3 through L5. Actually after my surgery, I've had some very brief shocking pains in my groin area and even in my female parts area. When I walked a certain way and more upright, all of a sudden I would get a terrible zap, like someone put a stun gun there for a few seconds. I also get nerve pains all over the place, which cannot possibly all be due to my low back problems. However, I've had some bad flares of neck pain with shoulder & finger pain, pins & needles, and bad spasms. Over the past many months, though, my neck has gotten worse. So maybe all my other shocks in my upper body are due to my neck problems. I get shocks on the backs of both legs randomly, sometimes on my arms...it feels like tiny hot ashed are landing on my skin all over the place, but it does not last long. I get them in other places as well. I think it is all nerve-related. So...once can feel pain in many areas of the body if you have compression of spinal nerves. These nerves exit the spine area and travel down and/or sideways all over the body, like an upside down tree. If, say, a nerve from your lower spine gets compressed, depending on which one it is, you could feel pain in your back, your rear, groin, hips, all the way down your legs, your ankles and even feet and toes.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:39 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Linda_in_NJ HB User

You sound just like me and my back pain and discomforts. I just posted to see if anyone knew if there is a connection between spondy at L3-4 and bowel issues. I guess this answers my questions too. I was thinking it might be ovary pain also as that's where the pain is located.

Last edited by Linda_in_NJ; 06-21-2009 at 08:41 AM.

Old 06-21-2009, 02:39 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

libloom HB User

Hi....

Yes, low back pain travels to the groin and thigh area.

I just had my first lumbar ESI on Friday and the most immediate relief has been in my groin..where the pain was constant.

Good luck,
Linda

Bilateral hip replacements
Moderate to severe stenosis/arthritic spine

Last edited by libloom; 06-21-2009 at 02:40 PM.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:14 AM   #13
(male)

MTCowboy HB User

I'm glad I found this board!

I had an upper respiratory infection back in Sept. and was coughing quite a bit. Woke up one morning, was standing and started shivering due to chills. I felt some pain in the L5/S1 area, then immediately down the left leg (sciatic). I've always had a lack of disc space in my L5, so I figured my pelvis shifted and caused the disc to ride the nerve.

Long story short, It's taken about 4-6 weeks, but I'm walking normal now. But in the last 2 weeks, I've had minor groin discomfort, mainly in the perineum area, as well as the "V" (don't know the term) area where your legs meet the lower groin, or pelvic floor. It's not constant at all, but I can feel discomfort if I move a certain way. Almost like a groin strain.

From everybody else's stories, my guess is along with the nerve involvment from the sacroiliac area that was affected, my body is readjusting to walking normal again and my tendons and muscles are sore.

I just bought an inversion board to help with the disc compression issues. Hopefully that will help with the nerves around the groin. That's about all I feel right now, except for some minor pain in the piriformis muscle, which should eventually strech out.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:12 PM   #14
(female)

wadegear HB User

[QUOTE=robochick;3979934]Hi,

I hope you can get some releif from it, take care xx[/QUOTE]
Yes it can cause groin pain. I have been going through this for about five years now. I also have severe pain in my leg feet and toes. There are times that my toes feel like they r going to literally pull loose from my foot. Do you have any of these symptoms? At first the groin pain would double me over. It has gotten better as it appears the pain to another part. I do hope that u get some relief. I do understand what u are going through. I did go to the chiro and they put me on a decompression table and it helped. Take care and hang in there. Barb

Old 11-11-2009, 01:46 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)

kera4 HB User

Hi! I get groin pain and pain in my pelvic floor area when my sacroiliac joints are hurting badly. I have bad arthritis in my SI joints. I'm going for shots in my SI joints tommorrow-yeah! Can't wait for this pain to subside....Kera4

Closed Thread