It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2009, 04:58 PM   #1
(male)

ashenfang HB User
pain under left shoulder blade, middle back

This problem has a bit of history to it. It started in feb 08 just out of the blue. Initially it was a mild pinch pain arounf the left shoulder blade that extened around to the fron of the chest. The pain was enhanced when I yawned or sneezed. I saw the doc who thought it might be plurecy so a bi lat chest xray was done, it came back normal. She diag it as a musc/skeletal thing. The pain never really went away and was always mild, just a discomfort. After a month the chest part of it dissappeared and it remained local around the shoulder blade area.

A couple months later I went to the chiro. It seemed to help a bit but not much. He did an xray of my back an noted some vertebrea issues and mild scoliosis.

In july, I went back to the doc as it was still bothering me. By the point I noticed that the pain would get worse if I was in a smokey place. I mentioned that to the doc and he said it could be because smoke is a stimulant. He did another chest xray, an echo, and ekg, all were normal.

Fast foward to current. In the last couple months I have noticed the pain will sometimes go away, especially in the morning, its not there but by the time I am ready for work, it is there. 600mg of ibprofen sometimes helps. The pain is still localized under the left shoulder blade/middle back, but now sometimes radiates into the left arm, fingers as an ache. Various movements don't seem to have much affect on the pain, except if I am sitting and drop my chin to my chest and raise my shoulders/arch back at same time, the pain will become a bit more enhanced

I explainedd of this to my new doc who had an mri done on my cervical and a bi lat chest xray. Xray was normal. The mri results were a "minimal" disc protrusion between t1 and t2 thorasic. My doc days this can cause the pain I am having. He rec. Physical therepy. I went to one session, but the next day felt a little worse. I am considering a spine speciist before I continue the PT.
This has just been a on going thing, and through my research I have read all these scary stories about shoulder/back pain and lung cancer. However my doc said with all the xrays and mri over the last year and a half, the only thing showing is the disc issue. Anyone else ever have similar issues? Opinions, input? Btw I am male and 28 years old.

The Following User Says Thank You to ashenfang For This Useful Post:
robjack001 (04-11-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2009, 01:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB User
Re: pain under left shoulder blade, middle back

Please continue the PT. I have had 20 plus years of back problems ( your problem being one I had at one time also ) and PT is the number one treatment that helped me. This does sound muscular, even with the slightly bulging disk. It is common for you to feel worse after the first few treatments, because they are working on muscles that are in spasm and they have to knead these knots out, which can be painfull and make you feel worse at first. It can take a couple of sessions a week for a month or more to get it taken care of completely. Good luck to you

Closed Thread