It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2009, 03:07 PM   #1
(female)

happily_saved HB User
Question Abuse Victim... Damage To Back/Neck? Opinions please.s

I was hoping to get people's opinion before my doctors appointment next week. I'm 22 and had been a victim of domestic violence for 6 months straight. In October 2008 my husband was arrested for giving me a concussion. The concussion was caused my him grabbing me by the shoulders and slamming me full force repeatedly against a wall. I never went to the hospital for this injury, only got checked over by the police and their team to confirm I had a concussion. Since then I've realized I can no longer sit in an upright position like I used to. There's always a slouch to my posture now even when I'm brushing my teeth I'm all bent over. The two bones on each side of my tail bone stick out much more then before and the bones at the top of my spine also stick out a fair amount now and are sensitive to touch, it causes a fair bit of pain and discomfort on and off.

Do you think I may have recieved further injury then just a concussion? Should I really get this checked out? Thanks.

Last edited by happily_saved; 06-29-2009 at 03:08 PM. Reason: typo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2009, 04:43 PM   #2
(female)

minstrel2 HB Userminstrel2 HB Userminstrel2 HB Userminstrel2 HB Userminstrel2 HB Userminstrel2 HB User
Re: Abuse Victim... Damage To Back/Neck? Opinions please.s

I'm so sorry for what you have been through. I hope that you are now in a safe situation. I think that you definitely need to have x-rays and possibly an MRI to see what has been done to your body. That kind of force does damage. Please get yourself thoroughly checked over. I will be praying for you.
Kay

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2009, 04:57 PM   #3
(male)

pitcherred HB User
Re: Abuse Victim... Damage To Back/Neck? Opinions please.s

i understand ur distress, but i dont see anyway of receiving some postural changes without skeletal fractures.. ofcouse u can have misalignment and such from tight muscles and brusing. but i dont think anything would have u walking around disfigured.. unless u have significant back pain..your body just doesnt change shape like that from be batted around like that....

sounds like so,mething is going on with you - u may have some disease of the connective tissues.. or perhaps u fractured your back which cause the hunch u refer too .. but if u did this you would have felt like you broke 12 ribs.. so - its really hard to gather that u have significant structural changes -- and never had significant pain of a corresponding injury.... - though when u are injured for a short time even - u may favor some muscles and this can result in temporary posture changes.. ... but all this should resolve.. if u are uable to straigten your back without signifcant pain u need to be examed - if u have no pain and just posture changes - i would say perhaps u are just favoring a sore tender spot or perhaps -- u feel less confident by being beaten and it begins to display itself - pls note people with low self-esteem and confidence often carry themselves in less strengthy postural manner..

Closed Thread