It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2009, 02:34 PM   #1
(female)

aRogers3 HB User
hurt back & now feeling hot water sensation... help?

i just moved this past weekend & while doing so, i pulled my back.
i hurt it while moving a couch & since then have been getting spasms that almost drop me to my knees...
today, i started feeling a hot water sensation in my right upper arm.
i was sitting on my couch, enjoying my lunch break & i felt what i thought was a hot water drop hitting my arm.
i even looked up to see where it might be coming from!
the hot water feeling started to spread on my arm & has since moved up to the right side of my neck.
can these two things be related?
i read on another site that it may have to do with my sciatic nerve...
any ideas?
please let me know!

thanks

Old 07-09-2009, 11:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: hurt back & now feeling hot water sensation... help?

[COLOR="Navy"]Ouch! Sorry for the feeling. The hot water feeling and the ants crawling up your leg/arm feeling are both related to nerve damage. You have damaged your nerve. In this case I think we can safely say that it was due to your moving furniture!

My suggestion would be to take an anti-inflametory such as Aleve - if you don't have a prescription one, and stay on it 24/7 for a couple of days to give it a chance to work. And ice it down. 20 mins. on then off. There are meds that are designed to give you relief from nerve pain-Neurontin, Topomax, Lyrica. All of them come with some side effects. But they all seem to have the desired effect for people. It just that you need to try until you find the one that works for you. I am on Topomax. It works on the nerve pain, for which I am thankful--but could do without the side effect.

If the nerve pain continues, I would schedule an appointment with your doctor to get a checkup and make sure that there isn't something seriously wrong---asides from this.... Good luck![/COLOR]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2009, 03:30 PM   #3
(female)

aRogers3 HB User
Re: hurt back & now feeling hot water sensation... help?

hello
thanks for the reply!
the advice helps - i'm going to pick up some aleve after work.
well, since i posted that thread, it seems to have gotten worse...
i feel so silly.
i pulled my back yet AGAIN last night.
i guess i'm just pushing myself too hard with this recent move.
i went to grab some dinner with my fiance & sat in the car seat weird somehow & ever since, it's been worse...
i started having this very uncomfortable feeling shooting down my back & the back of my thighs...
NOW... i also have that hot water feeling on the right side of my head, right above my ear.
i'm starting to get nervous.
unforunately, i don't have any sort of insurance right now, so hopefully it will get better!
and... i'm only 21!
haha, i hope this isn't something that will affect me forever...

Closed Thread