It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2009, 10:22 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

efang HB Userefang HB User
Can I do traction therapy because I have disk extraction?

I have had Lumber spine herniacion for 14 months, I am going to the try traction because maybe it is the last non-surgery method I haven’t tried, but my PM doctor said maybe I can’t ,because the traction can create a negative pressure in the intervertebral discs, the negative pressure creates a vacuum, which actually begins to suck the disc back into its normal shape. My MRI shows I have disk extrusion, that means the disc is not only “out” ,but also already "broken" and the part of disc "droped out" ,the disc should have a hole. So, I can’t create negative pressure any more. If I insist to do traction, it may damages whole disc. She also showed me the MRI film, but she couldn’t’ show me where the disc is broken and drop out. Besides, I never heard the Orthopedic's who I saw said that, they did answer about traction or just said " you can try".
I just like to know if the word “ extrusion” or “ protrusion” really can indicate your disc already broken or not? Can MRI shows the disc broken or not? I have to make sure this question because traction maybe is my last choice before I go to surgery. I am going to do“ hang on the bar” by myself if I can’t do traction, I think this two methods are similar.

Thanks!

Last edited by efang; 07-09-2009 at 10:25 AM.

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Root Canal or Extraction + Fake more economical? peanut_1 Dental Health 0 05-02-2010 12:37 PM
Did traction help your herniated cervical disc? rootsy13 Hernia 11 02-01-2009 06:15 AM
Traction? tyciol Back Problems 4 03-26-2008 09:22 AM
Traction as conversative therapy moonchaser Spinal Cord Disorders 18 03-08-2007 09:25 AM
traction type of procedure for headaches?? or physical therapy for headaches???? summerbreeze7 Pain Management 4 12-05-2005 07:30 AM