It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2009, 12:40 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

mim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB User
Neck and Shoulder pain then numbness

Hi all, I posted on Spinal board, but thought I would check out the back board also! I had an L4-5 laminectomy in '01 and a C5-6 fusion in '07. I have full body arthritis, ddd in all areas of spine, fibromyalgia and all the junk that seems to go with this. I have finally been feeling relatively well enough this past month to work in my yard for the first time in 4 years. I thought that this past Saturday I may have over done it a bit as I was sore wherever there was a place to be sore. Monday I realized I felt cruddy all over still, Tuesday I powered through the day but did little physically, same with Wednesday. By Wednesday evening, I was in the bed and in terrible neck and shoulder pain and had to take oxycodone and xaniflex in order to lie down and basically writhe for hours til I finally was able to drop off. I woke up this morning (Thursday) to full right sided numbness and weakness with pain if I try to massage my neck or muscles in my shoulder and arm. I have a disc issue at C6-7 that my neurosurgeon told me in '08 would eventually need to be fused also along with stenosis. Is it possible that the disc has blown out at C6-7 or my hardware has failed at C5-6 and this has caused this sudden weakness and numbness from my neck to my foot? I am trying to give it today and maybe tomorrow to ease, but I probably need to call my neurologist by Monday if not better. Hoping someone here has some insight to share! Thanks!
Mim Gregg

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2009, 11:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB User
Re: Neck and Shoulder pain then numbness

Well no suggestions so far, so I will update and hope someone on here reads it that has some input!
Called my neuro and talked with his nurse. They are packed and can't see me until the 27th of this month. In the meantime I am to do no lifting, pushing, pulling or too much stretching. I should lie or recline most of the time (I see 5 lbs. coming on already!) and not lean my head forward or backward, or side to side too far. However, if I get worse go to the emergency room. Don't ya just love waiting for specialty care???? So I am off to recline now. :-)
Mim Gregg

Last edited by mim; 08-14-2009 at 11:42 PM.

Closed Thread