It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2009, 06:56 AM   #1
(male)

Scolioman HB User
Pharmacist Conclusion: Problem with Kidney?

I have had urinating problems for the past couple days since i moved into a motel. I had constant pain in my back for the past week but when i went to the bathroom i would have 1/4 half a bladder full I had to push and stop several times to finish up and the pain would increase to a cold sharp pain. I went to the cvs pharmacist across the street and told him what was going on. He suggested it might be the kidneys and to drink lots of fluids and cranberry juice. It seemed to stop after i got hydrated but just last night i had a sharp pain to the right of the stomach in one spot with hot flashes that lasted 20-30 minutes (googled sharp pain to the right of the stomach and got results: kidney etc.).

I'm not sure if it was the pain i all ready had and the rods in my back (There is a screw comming loose in my lower back that might be causing the increasing pain when i push) or if something is actually wrong with my kidneys.

But i want this forums opinion before i decide to go see a doctor (don't have a lot of money to waste if every thing turns out fine).

History:

I had rods put in during freshmen year second semester because of scoliosis (slipped disk) been ran over by a trailer when i was in the 3rd grade and that may have caused the slipped disk.

My feet, left chest, arm pinky and ring finger go numb (cause of the rods).

Worked out for 7 months got my daily bench up to 95 lbs and max up to 125 lbs (stopped working out cause it caused permenant constipation and back pain that lasted two month)

Been smoking 3-4 years (Marlboro No. Blend 27 and American Spirit)

I was prescribed Adderal in middle school but quit taking it by the end of the 8th grade.

I was prescribed Geodon in middle school but quit taking it by the end of the 8th grade (kept knocking me out when i blinked once even after i had 8-12 hours of sleep)

Chronic Constipation entire life (it comes and goes) but it got bad after 4-20-08 and been constipated since then.

Took laxatives (e-lax, milk of magnesia, magnisium citrate) daily and enemas once or twice a week (They stopped working and caused me to throw up 30 minutes to an hour later and i stopped taking them).

Smoke marijuana every 6 months or smoke socially when ever someone offers me a joint (going to school on nov 2 being drug tested once every 3 weeks been clean for four months).

Had xanax a few times for back pain and anxiety.

Had thrush once in my life lasted a week (yeast infection in mouth)

I drank two 12 packs of soda in 1-2 days cut down cause of the yeast infection and switched to diet and drink about 6 cans a day now.

I get these constant fatigue spells in the middle of the day that knock me off my feet or make me stumble.

When i was about 10-14 years of age i only had one incident with urinary problems when we went to hawaii for vocation. I had to constantly go to the bathroom and none or little would come out and it would burn every now and then when i pushed but it went away when we went back to florida.

I do drink but drink excessively when i get a hold of vodka and had to switche to beer cause of it (havent had any in the last 3 weeks).

Never had intercourse (don't plan on it anytime soon).

Diet: Pizza Rolls, Bagel Bites, (tend to eat a whole pack of those in about a day) Sandwhiches (balony, letuce, cheese, bacon, and mayonase), and Fish, Eggs over medium or scramble. Diet coke and Big Red.

Height: 5'5"
Weight: 105lbs

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread