It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2009, 10:40 PM   #1
(female)

thedancingdress HB User
Question I need help understanding my MRI, I was injured over a month ago

I hope you can help me. I am having a very hard time understanding my MRI/without contrast results of my Cervical Spine.
I was injured at work doing extreme heavy lifting. I am a 50+ female and spent 48 hours doing very heavy lifting working on a project. I recall a sudden burning pain in my neck with "electric fence" sensations in my hands/arms during one episode of heavy lifting. I have had constant neck pain, numb hands, numb face, neck spasms, and severe shoulder pain since then..I have NEVER had any of these problems previously
MRI results C5-6 Mild to moderate disc bulge and osteophyte formation results in flattening of the thecal sac and mild spinal canal stenosis. No significant neural foraminal narrowing is evident.
C6-7 Minimal posterior disc/osteophyte complex results in flattening of the thecal sac, but no neural foraminal narrowing or spinal canal stenosis
Hemangioma visualized in the T4 vertebral body.
Findings: Mild Straightening of the cervical spine is evident. Vertebral body height and signal characteristics are normal.
Impression: mild to moderate degenerative change at C5-6 with mild spinal canal stenosis and mild bilateral neural foraminal narrowing. No focal disc herniation...

I really don't understand this, and I am being referred back to the ortho to discuss this further, he is then referring me to a "shoulder doc" mention of rotator cuff injuries on both shoulders, and a neuro doc for the numbness..I am unable to lift my arms without very bad neck spasms, shoulder pain..Have weakness in my hands, and I really want to figure out what to do to get back to normal. Does my cervical MRI explain my pain? I was not having these issues at all before injury..
Thank you so much for your help...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread