It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2010, 10:21 AM   #1
(female)

vanillafield HB User
Sketchers and SI joint pain?

Hello,
I am considering trying those new "Sketcher sneakers" that are advertised to help with over all body movement and toning when walking but I suffer from SI joint pain. Has anyone ever used them and if so have they hurt/helped the situation at all?

Any advise, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mary

Last edited by vanillafield; 02-09-2010 at 10:21 AM.

Old 02-09-2010, 02:34 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

brendaks1 HB Userbrendaks1 HB Userbrendaks1 HB User
Re: Sketchers and SI joint pain?

While I personally haven't used them, anyone with back or SI joint problems should use a high-quality shoe and avoid high heels.

I personally like Propet shoes - they are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn, stylish, and are orthodic so they support the foot and ankle well which helps avoids stress on your knees, hips, and spine.

Sketchers also makes a number of high-quality shoes, but some of their shoes are designed for style over support. If you decide to try these shoes and they cause you extra pain at all, stop using them immediately so they don't make your problem worse.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2010, 04:57 AM   #3
(female)

vanillafield HB User

Thanks so much for the advice. I will give the Sketchers a try and if I feel any discomfort I will certainly send them back!

Good luck to you....

Mary

Old 02-13-2010, 12:09 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

deeannek HB User

I haven't tried out the new skechers but I bought skechers athletic shoe that you just slide your foot into like a mule style shoe. I can't believe how much they helped my leg pain. I was able to walk longer and actually complete a trip to the grocery without having to sit down every few minutes. I guess what I would worry about with the new style shoe is keeping balance because the look like the might have some rocking motion and if you are not on them just right you could re injure your back. Just my opinion though- I hope you find a show that helps. If you do buy these I would be interested in hearing your experience with them.

Old 02-14-2010, 07:30 AM   #5
(female)

vanillafield HB User
Talking Re: Sketchers and SI joint pain?

[QUOTE=deeannek;4184951]I haven't tried out the new skechers but I bought skechers athletic shoe that you just slide your foot into like a mule style shoe. I can't believe how much they helped my leg pain. I was able to walk longer and actually complete a trip to the grocery without having to sit down every few minutes. I guess what I would worry about with the new style shoe is keeping balance because the look like the might have some rocking motion and if you are not on them just right you could re injure your back. Just my opinion though- I hope you find a show that helps. If you do buy these I would be interested in hearing your experience with them.[/QUOTE]

Well I have purchased the new Sketchers but I have not used them enough to tell if they are going to be a help or not. I have noticed that they are really well cushioned and comfortable but they do tend to make me "wobble" because of the bottom. My ankles want to turn in too so I have to really pay attention to the way I stand and walk. I am not sure if this is going to hurt my back of not but I have a 30 day window to send them back if I do not like them. I bought them in order to get the extra "work out" while I walk so hopefully I can keep them.
I will keep you posted about how they feel. I would love to try the mule type shoes you have but I tend to "walk out of" anything without a back or at leat a strap!
Thanks for the reply,
Mary

Last edited by vanillafield; 02-14-2010 at 07:30 AM.

Closed Thread