It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2010, 04:53 AM   #31
(female)

Kelliew HB User
Re: L5 S1 Fusion in 5 days just a little bit scared!!!

Well three weeks post op now and not sure but it might still be too early but i still have such weekness in my right leg i have not had to use a walker but i do use a cane and i had hoped that i could be done with it by now but like i said it just might be too early still.

I still have a lot of pain and i do know that (well i hope that it is normal) to still have so much pain the meds are helping. Had my first time out of he house on sunday for a baby shower for my son and his girlfriend so yep i will be a grandma in just a few weeks and yes they are young we were all shocked at first but i am very excited now anyway i felt like crap the morning of the shower and did not think i was gonna make it just too hard to sit for long so i took my meds about a hour before the shower i took 2 Percocet 10mg and 1 Valium 5mg the car ride there was not great and i knew it was gonna be alot of sitting or walking so i took 1 more piil with me just in case i needed it and i did as soon as i was sitting for awhile i knew it was gonna be hard and i really wanted to stay, i had hoped i would not get sick from too much meds but i was ok still had trouble with sitting so i just did what i had to to get through it sit walk sit walk i was happy to be able to stay the whole time it was a great shower and they got lots of great stuff.

I have my next doc appointment on friday and i hope he tells me that it is normal the pain and weekness in my right leg and my toes are still numb that is getting better but just weird feeling, still not sleeping very well at night so i do sleep alot during the day but after laying down for a certin amount of time i have to get up and walk because of the pain someone tell me that this is normal please cause i think my doc told me to walk as much as i can, I dont walk too far just laps around my house. Some days are better than others pain wise but the lowest level of my pain has been about a 6-7 since i came home from hospital and from what i have been told this is normal too right??? Well i think i have gone on long enough i hope everyone is doing well and has LP days. Megss where are you i have not heard from you in a long time i hope that means you are feeling well enough to be doing other things than being on the computer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2010, 09:12 AM   #32
(male)

qbforeva HB User

hey Kellie, haven't heard from you? How's your recovery going so far? Hope you are back to your normal life

Old 04-24-2010, 08:44 AM   #33
(female)

Kelliew HB User

Hi all well its been just past 2 months since my surgery and yea I am getting better but still hae pain to the point that I am still on pain meds I still take Lrycia 200mg 2x day percocet 10mg/325 1-2 every 6-8 hours and i am still on Avinza 30mg in the morning and 60 mg at night this med is a pill form of morphine i am now being wheened off of these because i have been on them for about 9 - 10 months.

I have been dealing with server leg pain since the surgery and nerve pain in my foot numbness in the bottom part of my lef and 2 of my toes and a burning feeling on the top of my foot this was so bad at one point that i cold not put a shoe on thankfully this has gotten much better i still feel the sunburn pain but much less and the numbness feels like it is getting better too so that the good news now for my back i still have pain and i am not sure but i think that it should be better by now the back pain seem to get worse some times and sometimes it is pretty good. Dealing with all of this is really tough i knew it was gonna be a long recovery but sometimes it just seems like itwill never get better, i still havefaith that it will but sometimes ijust have a pitty party for myself and just get in bed and have a good cry.

In the mean time since the surgery i have become a grandma for the first time and he is the sweetest little boy ever his father (my son) and his new family live with us and I just love being able to see him every day he is such a good baby only crys when he is hungry or when he need a diaper change lol sorry to go on about him but cant help it.

Well thats my update i do have some good days but lately i seem to have more bad than good days just hope to get back to my life and off all meds within a year of my surgery i dont think thats too much to ask for do you???

I hope that everyone is doing well and are having low pain days and nights take care everyone i will try to keep updating my progress thanks for asking how i was doing ...Kellie

Old 04-24-2010, 03:02 PM   #34
(female)

dunerkat58 HB Userdunerkat58 HB Userdunerkat58 HB Userdunerkat58 HB User

Congrats to you on the birth of your grandson! Grandchildren are such precious joys in life. My gdaughter is 10 and brings me such joy. I plan to have surgery on my neck, and if I can schedule for this summer, she will be helping take care of me. I'm so blessed to have her.

On the other hand, sorry you are feeling badly, but hopefully it will start to get better. If nothing else, that new baby will help you get back on your feet as soon as you can!

Old 07-31-2010, 09:53 AM   #35
(male)

qbforeva HB User

how's your recovery going? are back to some what normal life yet?

Old 07-31-2010, 11:02 PM   #36
(male)

soCalman HB User

[QUOTE=qbforeva;4298373]how's your recovery going? are back to some what normal life yet?[/QUOTE]

Still pain 10 months out from surgery, but I'm able to be pretty active. I loose my balance some. I don't run or play basketball for cardio workouts, but I wish I could. I'm afraid to try that yet. I can jog to my car without pain, but I don't want to subject my back to that pounding for prolonged periods of time. I can get sore after a day of bending over, or climbing up and down a latter. I can do these things, but I have to limit it. I'm hoping that some day I can get back to a regular workout. I'm not sure if I need another Microdiscectomy to clean out the additional herniation or not. My Nerosurgeon said I should get ARD, but all the doctors said No, and I think that was the correct decision, but at the time, I was a little upset about it. One doc recommended another MDE, and one said I wasn't a good candidate for ADR because I have DDD in L5-L4. I am hoping that Stem cells can be used to rebuild natural tissue of the discs. Has anyone heard if Stem-Cell therapies are being used? I heard a case where they completely rebuilt the cartledge of a German Sheppard dog in 40 months after injecting Stem Cells. I figure, they should be able to do this for Discs too.

Old 08-01-2010, 10:06 PM   #37
(female)

aborgfield HB User

Hey Im 26 and in 4 days im having L4-L5 and L5-S1 fusion. I am also scared and hope that this helps my pain. I also had a microdiscectomy in april of 2010 it helped for about 2 weeks. I feel for you and hope things go well. Good luck

Old 08-07-2010, 07:42 AM   #38
(female)

Kelliew HB User

Hi everyone its been a long time since i have posted an update mostly because i dont like to think about this crpa i have been going through i have had a very slow recovery and had alot of pain and nerve pain that i did not have before the surgery. I wish i could say that things are going great but they are not going that well and i keep being told it will be a full year before you will be fully healed.

I now am dealing with a hurniated disc in my neck with left arm pain and tingling i dont understand why i have not had any injury for either of my problems. I still have lower back pain and still on pain meds but the doc now has started to wheen me off the percocet but it not going that great i know that i have to get off the meds but i would really like a quality of life and right now even with the pain that i have with the meds i can still do some things with my family not much but atleast i can walk with them even though i do pay for it the next day.

I still have numbness in my foot and on the side of my right leg not sure that will ever come back its just been too long it got better from right after surgery but its still pretty bad really hard to whear a reg shoe since its summer i where filp flops. well i really hope that things are going well for everyone and i will check back soon have a LP day and night, Kellie

Closed Thread