It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2010, 10:04 PM   #1
(female)

Precious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB User
Post Need Some Help On Back Pain

Hi All,
I had an MRI recently and it showed, a shallow 3mm posterior disc protrusion at L2/3, with foraminal involvement and mild hypertrophy of the facets. L3/4 is a broad 5mm posterior disc protrusion that involves both foraminal. Central canal is narrowed to 9.5mm. L4/5 is a larger posterior disc protrusion centered just right of midline, but extending from left to right foramin. Thecal sac is significant and central canal is narrowed to only 7mm.
L4 nerve roots are very likely contacted which could contribute to left and / or right Radiculopathy. The same with L5.
Also there are things going on in my Thoracic as well.
I also had a fractured T12 that was taken care of through Kyphoplasty, but 2 months later I am still in excruciating pain and cannot stand for long.
I see a different Neurosurgeon on the 24TH. Does this look like I may be up for possible surgery? The T12 is a work related injury and I have only been treated for that. Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated. I know many people cannot read MRI'S, but if you have been through something similar please let me know. I just want the pain over, and to be able to go back to work.

Closed Thread