It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2010, 01:56 PM   #1
(male)

painski HB User
back pain from stabbing

About 3 years ago I was stabbed in the back 3 times I had a collapsed lung wich I recovered from. 1 of the wounds was very close to my spine. I am now experiencing severe back pain daily. I have no insurance and I was wondering if I splurge for a doctor what tests would be done to determine the source of my pain? If the tests show nothing would I still be able to get some kind of pain medication? If so, what, percocet, oxycontin, vicodin? I also suffer from chronic headaches due to skull fractures I received in a car accident nearly 10 years ago. I am dealing with alot of pain and I am worried that x-rays or mri's won't show anything and my doctor will not beleive me.

Old 03-13-2010, 07:35 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User
Re: back pain from stabbing

It could be as easy as an x-ray of your back all the way to requiring CT/MRI and consultation with a surgeon. In order to get pain medications you'd have to go to a physician and a one time prescription is likely. For ongoing pain management you'd need to see a Pain Management physician. All of this is very expensive. Do you have any options for insurance such as seeking employment which offers good benefits?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2010, 03:20 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

BlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB UserBlueAtlas HB User
Re: back pain from stabbing

Can I assume you're in the U.S.? You can call your local health department and ask about their clinics. When we didn't have real health insurance, we used the local health clinic and got BETTER care than from the lousy private doctors in the rural area where we lived. Their fees were on a sliding scale based on income. I paid $18 for a visit, which included x-rays.

If that doesn't pan out, call the hospitals in the area. The one I worked at years ago had regular clinics open to anyone for a pittance. The doctors were residents overseen by physicians, but they were up to date on the latest in everything and gave really good care.

I hope you can get some help. Chronic pain stinks!

Emily

Closed Thread