It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2010, 12:38 PM   #1
(female)

k9love HB User
Sciatica ???

I have had it now for approx 3mths! been to doc who gave me anti-inflamitory tablets, they arent working tho, have been booked in for physio but thats not till April!
I slightly worried now tho, sometimes like just a few minutes ago when I got up to walk my leg was completely dead! thought I was going to fall over, is this something to do with Sciatica? its really weird not being able to feel my leg.

Old 03-29-2010, 05:47 PM   #2
(female)

lovemycat HB User
Re: Sciatica ???

i have sciatica. you may have one or more herniated discs in your spine which put pressure on your sciatic nerve. this nerve runs from your spine down both legs. depending on what side the discs are touching you will not feel your leg on one side. when it first happened to me i thought i was having a stroke because of the numbness on my left leg.this is normal for sciatica. with me every step i take is agony its like a huge bolt of electricity going from my foot all the way up my leg into my back. every now and then i can't feel my leg and i fall. massaging my foot and back hurts. there are certain exercises you can do to slowly strech your back and put those discs back in place. I've had this problem for 6 months now. A CT scan can tell you if you have a deeper problem as arthritis can also do this to you. Hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2010, 08:21 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

[COLOR="Navy"]K9love-

there are meds that work for the nerve pain that you are experiencing. You might want to sk your doc about those. They will cut the pain better than the traditional pain meds or the anti-inflametory ones that you are taking.

Good luck-it's not pleasant...[/COLOR]

Old 03-31-2010, 06:08 PM   #4
(male)

jjunda HB User

[QUOTE=k9love;4205303]I have had it now for approx 3mths! been to doc who gave me anti-inflamitory tablets, they arent working tho, have been booked in for physio but thats not till April!
I slightly worried now tho, sometimes like just a few minutes ago when I got up to walk my leg was completely dead! thought I was going to fall over, is this something to do with Sciatica? its really weird not being able to feel my leg.[/QUOTE]

I have suffered from sciatica given a herniated disc. The trick for me has been core exercises, stretching (tons), diet and better posture. IT works.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:07 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB User

Since I gave birth to my last child 6 months ago I have been having a back issue. I am only in pain at certain times, I feel as though my back is tweaked and needs to be reset. I have been having tingling in my left leg into my foot but I am not in pain at this time, could this be sciatica? Any help would be greatly appreciated for I have no idea about sciatic pain. Feels like pins in my foot.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:43 PM   #6
(male)

jjunda HB User

[QUOTE=worrywort;4217217]Since I gave birth to my last child 6 months ago I have been having a back issue. I am only in pain at certain times, I feel as though my back is tweaked and needs to be reset. I have been having tingling in my left leg into my foot but I am not in pain at this time, could this be sciatica? Any help would be greatly appreciated for I have no idea about sciatic pain. Feels like pins in my foot.[/QUOTE]

Yes this is sciatica. Be careful and start rehabbing

Old 04-02-2010, 06:34 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB User

Thank you so much!

Closed Thread