It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2010, 07:09 AM   #1
(female)

dlt1200 HB User
SO CONFUSED and UPSET:confused:

Can anyone give me some guidance or ideas???? I awoke one morning in Dec. with excrutiating low back-left glute-hip pain. Numbness in shin started few days later. Was sent for MRI which showed nothing out of the ordinary only age related degeneration. Was able to get some pain relief from chiro. (He thought it might be piraformis syndrome) but nerve/muscle prob in left shin area (L5-so I am told) remains.

It has been 4 months now --2 neuros later-- and I still have NO answer to my numbness and low back pain. Can this type of thing come simply from deg.disc issues. The excrutiating pain is gone but low backache comes and goes--numbness/weakness in L5 remains.

AAAHHHH I am at my wits end. I dont know who else to go to. I just want to know what this is!! p.s. had all blood tests/scans to rule out other diseases...they were all normal. Any ideas??? Can back pain/numbness be psychosomatic????????
DLT

Old 03-19-2010, 08:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: SO CONFUSED and UPSET:confused:

[COLOR="Navy"]I'm sorry for the pain. It certainly maakes life miserable. You obviously have a nerve that is being comprimised. That is what is causisng the skin numbness and weakness. There are meds out on the market that will take care of the nerve pain. But you need to see someone who can find out what is wrong. You obviously have a problem. Degenerative discs can cause issues. Find a good back doctor and see if he can't get to the root of it.

I have numbness in my left leg so I know what you feel. My issues will never resolve, unfortunately. And personally, I would stay away from a chiro until you get a good diagnosis.

good luck...[/COLOR]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2010, 03:05 PM   #3
(female)

dlt1200 HB User

Thank you SO much for the response. It is very scarey when you dont know what is wrong. Unfortunately I let my mind wander and keep thinking of all the terrible things it could be. Fortunately I feel that the motor control is getting better and the numbness is not as bad as it was at first. I will not let chiro do any back manipulation at all. He has only done PT on the lower leg to help me strengthen the muscle. I just didnt know if DDD could cause chronic low back pain especially when nothing that out of the ordinary was noted on MRI.
DLT

Old 03-19-2010, 10:34 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

Have you had a consultation with an Orthopedic Spine Surgeon or Neurosurgeon? They may be able to review test results and symptoms and then recommend treatments (non-surgical and surgical)

Closed Thread