It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2010, 09:40 AM   #1
(female)

hafty HB User
I need help understanding what the MRI says.....

Thank you in advance for your time and insight on my cervical and lumbar mri report help. Im a 28 yr old female who had a labor intensive job and started to experience pain and they found that I have thoracic scoliosis, and the pain has continued to get worse. Here is my last mri report, and I am looking for as much info/stories as possible so I have enough questions for my eval appt this week. thanks again!

cervical:
c2-c3 shows widely paten neural foramen, no significant disc bulge

c3-c4 shows widely patent neural foramen, with minimal left paracentral disc bulge

c4-c5 shows very mild circumferential disc bulge, and neural forament remaining widely patent

c5-c6 demonstrates mild circumferential disc bulge, there is mild left sided nerual foraminal narrowing

c6-c7 shows widely patent nerual foramen with minimal disc bulge

c7-t1 show mild left sided neural foraminal narrowin with minimal bulge

impression:
mild multileval discogenic degenerative changes of the cervical spine wtih some areas of very mild left sided foraminal narrowing and disc bulge. there is slight reversal usual cervical lordosis.

lumbar mri

l1-l2 disc space demonstrates a minimal central disc protrusion

l2-l3 disc space demonstrates no significant disc bulge

l3-l4 disc space demonstrates a small broad based disc bulge

l4-l5 disc space demonstrates s small broad based disc bulge

l5-s1 disc space demonstratesa small broad based disc bulge with a small annular tear. moderate disc desiccation is present at l5-s1. there is minimal foraminal narrowing on the right.

impression:
minimal to mild spondylosis is present throughout the lumbar spine
moderate disc desiccation is present at l5-s1
there is minimal foraminal narrowing on the right at l5-s1

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread