It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2010, 09:36 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

deeannek HB User
Unhappy More back pain!

I am almost 4 years post fusion and I have thrown my back out a zillion times-Once I had a bad cold and sneezed hard and out went the back. ( It's ok to laugh here-I still do whenever I think about it) Recently my back pain has been different. Increased pain in the lower left side-especially in the morning or after a nap. I grit my teeth because it hurts bad to go from laying to sitting and sitting to standing and it takes a long time for me to get out of bed and down stairs. I told my PM about this and they ordered an MRI which showed a deformity (where my fusion is) and it is pressing on the Thecal Sack -but pain is on the left-this thing is on the right. PM recommended a caudal epidural and I had that Tuesday. It was unbelievably painful and I am still in pain so I guess that didn't work. But while I was on the table the PM pointed out a huge amount of scar tissue on the left side and he said he couldn't really get the needle where I needed it to be. He asked me if I wanted him to try again and I said no-I was already sobbing from the pain. He also said that the pedicle screws looked "off" to him. Anyone else been thru this? And what the heck can I do about scar tissue? If I have more surgery wont that mean more scar tissue down the road? Help!

Closed Thread