It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2010, 05:41 PM   #1
(female)

vrtualchik HB User
help with MRI results PLEASE!

I had an MRI of my right shoulder and was hoping someone could help me understand the results. I can't get into the Dr. for another week and really want to understand where all this pain is coming from before then. Thanks for any help given.

FINDINGS:
The examination demonstates rotator cuff tendinosis of a severe damage, with thickening and icreased signal diffusely evident within the supraspinatus tendon. There is miild bursal sided fraying, more evident more anteriorly. Fluid in the subdeltoid bersa reflects mild bursitis. There is mild degenerative change about the AC joint, with lateral downsloping of the acromion. There is type I-II anterior acromion on the sagittal views. Changes in the glenoid labrum are reflective of a anterior-superiorsublabral foramen, with a superior sublabral sulcus and posterior-superior blunting and fraying. The biceps tendon is intact. The subscapularis tendon anteriorly shows diffuse moderate tendinosis as well.
IMPRESSION:
1. Rotator cuff tendinosis diffusely involving the supraspinatus tendon of a severe degree, with thickening and increased signal. There is bursal sided fraying more evident more anteriorly in the supraspinatus tendon.
2. Moderate subdeltoid bursitis.
3. Appearance of the glenoid labrum which suggests an anterior-superior sublabral foramen, with a superior sublabral sulcus and posterior-superior labral blunting and fraying.

Thanks Lisa : )

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2010, 10:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: help with MRI results PLEASE!

are you going to be seeing a good ortho who specializes in actual shoulder injury repair i hope? while i don't know a huge amount about the old rotator, only based upon my ongoing nightmare with mine and what occured the very morning my top tendon just went snappo on me, you DO have alot of solid wear and tear in there from the MRI report findings.

that supraspinatus tendon is actually the very very top tendone of that rotator cuff which also consists of a lot of other tendons,ligemants and that hugely mobile acrom joint too? the supra is the MOST commonly impacted and tron one ofthe bunch since it does end up usually taking the MOST impact and wear and tear over time too? mine WAS only 'torn" but i did not know that, only that i had some elvel of real shoulder pain and ongoing issues pop up from time to time over years. one morning i only went to lift my freaking purse off my fridge and felt an immediate "pull' and just an odd sensation across my shoulder top and then instant pain and i HAD to just drop the purse right in mid pull up(just loss of ROM like immediately). i had just completely totally snapped my supra tight in half.

after i had my MRI when i HAD to go see my primary after THAT occured, it showed ALOT of real solid wear and tear crap like yours has with alot of 'fraying' mentioned among alot of partial tears like the one directly underneath that supra that had to start compensating when the supra was actually running along with ongoing tearing in there too? you have alot of areas that would need a full big time "clean up" in there along with whatever way the ortho would kind of decide to tackle how severely the frayed areas/ends are there too in some areas as well? but if you are wondering if what you have could be casueing some pretty severe/profound pain in that whole shoulder area, your MRI would most definitely show why.

you have alot of overall stuff going on within just about all the more easily worn areas like what i already mentioned at that top supra along with your inner joint findings and the things likte tendonosis, but i am wondering here just what the real difference just IS between what is usually stated in many as tendonITIS as compared to what YOU have as the osis? "itis" means inflammation of 'something'(whatever that suffix is attached to?) not too certain what "osis" would dictate there, ya know? hang on a sec. okay, just found 'osis' in my tabers med dictionary? accoring to that it just states: "condition, status, process., abnormal increase". so i am not too certain how that really 'fits" there? unless the rad actually did mean itis? something to ask the ortho about. unless THAT is referring to the actual thickening it stated as being in the supra? you just DO have ALOT of overall inflammation which is usually secondary to findings like these. inflammation can be there at the very beginning in certain ways(just from repeated rritation of an area that will then become inflammed) but it will also become worse as any areas of our bodies sustatin injury too, so you have probably had THAT goin on for awhile now underlying in all this and simply creating much more pain too i am assuming? it would simply become more "chronic' with more time passing?

as far as that very last finding it states in the summary? that one is completely over my head here, sorry. if something IS listed in that end summary tho, it is always some solid level finding that needs some level of attention in most cases tho. unfortunetly it simply really does take just getting the surgeons eval/consult and then rereading the hardfilms themselves to really be able to actually tell you just what all of this will mean for you as far as surgery goes, which it more than likely WILL be?

but they do ALOT of the more in depth stuff even at times all thru the keyhole surgeries? so you may not end up with too much large scarring. that is always good when they do not have to even make those larger incisions. it does make a huge difference in overall pain and healing after too. you just have alot of diffuse damage thru out the whole rotator that will have to be fixed before it decides to completely tear on you? trust me, if it gets to THAT point, it is a much more painful and in depth type of prodedures to fix. if i had known i even HAD any partial tears before the day my supra actually snapped in half that morning, i certainly would have gotten it taken care of. i just has NO real clue how bad that whole rotator just was in me at all. i am sure you did not expect to see this much wear and tear in yours either?

what are you currently doing for pain? moist heat and any of the anti inflammatories would probably be the most helpful for what you just have there which is alot of inflammatory stuff? if heat makes it worse, go for the ice. it all depends.

can i ask just how old you are and what you do for a living or do as far as sports even? the more overuse of our shoulders over time tends to simply show itself in the types of ways your MRI and mine was too. hope your appt goes well. please let me know what you find out hon. good luck with this, i hope i did not confuse you even more here, lol. marcia

Closed Thread