It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2010, 10:15 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User
Middle back pain

I've had some very mild aching in my middle back for quite a while. It's by no means something that interferes with my daily routine, and sometimes a good twist of the spine helps a little. Sometimes I feel a slight ache in my chest from it, but I realize it's too deep in to be chest pain. It's right below my shoulder blades and right in the middle of my back. But I'd like to know what causes it.

I've read that it can be caused by strained muscles, but I admit I have a pretty sedentary lifestyle since I work from home and find I rarely have the energy to exercise, so there's nothing to cause the strain. Odd sleeping positions could play a part because I do sleep in a slightly strange way, but nothing that I think would make my spine achey.

I've also heard that a curved spine can sometimes cause shortness of breath, which I've had about as long as the back pain. And once in a while, I can really feel it in the sore spot when I take a deep breath...not pain, usually, but a feeling like someone is pressing on my back with two fingers.

Is there some way I can tell if my spine is curved on my own? I'm very scared to go to a chiropractor...all it takes is reading one story about someone who was paralyzed from the neck down after a chiropractor made one wrong move to turn me off from them.

Has anyone else ever felt this? Is there anything I can do at home to ease this pain?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread