It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2010, 06:03 AM   #1
(female)

dee46 HB User
symptoms of disk issues

what kind of symptoms is involved with a disk issue. I have burning lower back pain over my sacrum and it involves my entire pelvis. The pain is gone if I stand when I get it is when I put pressure on it that area like laying in bed on my stomach and sitting to long.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: symptoms of disk issues

[COLOR="Navy"]First, don't lay on your stomach. That puts an unnatural arch in your back. When you lay on your back, put a wedge under your knees so that it takes the pressure off of your back. It sounds like you have a nerve that is being compressed and it get irritated from sitting too long. I know that I often stood at my desk before I had the surgery.[/COLOR]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2010, 12:33 PM   #3
(female)

dee46 HB User

Yes, okay I won't lay on stomach. Did it bother your pelvic organs? and your bathroom tasks? I have a flare of my painful bladder syndrome with this and my ovaries hurt to. I've been taking aleve and it helps some.

[QUOTE=ibake&pray;4220013][COLOR="Navy"]First, don't lay on your stomach. That puts an unnatural arch in your back. When you lay on your back, put a wedge under your knees so that it take the pressure off of your back. It sounds like you have a nerve that is being compressed and it get irritated from sitting too long. I know that I often stood at my desk before I had the surgery.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Old 04-12-2010, 08:55 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB User

When I had a disk problem, I had low back pain from standing, lifting or walking too long, trouble going to the bathroom sometimes, and also way more pain for about 3 days once a month. My pain started out this way, and slowly worsened. Some bulging disks can cause your symptoms. This is what I am dealing with right now. It takes an MRI to know for sure.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:21 AM   #5
(female)

dee46 HB User

To Kasey443:

Thank you, I didn't want to say that I also had trouble going to the bathroom a times. If I get constipated it's horrible. If I bend over it hurts. My problems get worse if I try to lay on my stomach.

For you Is it urinating or both you have trouble with. For me it's both. It seems like a nerve is being irritated and it's causing me to have painful bladder. When this all started they found white blood cells in my urine and so they didn't know what to do so they put on a antibiotic for 3 days. It did nothing and 6 months later still painful bladder and pain going the other to and back pain is worse. It's awful.

Last edited by dee46; 04-13-2010 at 06:23 AM.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:27 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB User

Hi, I have found with a low back problem, the pain can get worse with standing, bending, lifting, or laying on my stomache. I only have trouble with constipation when my low back is acting up. As for urinating or problems there, I will get bladder pressure also when my low back is bad, but no burning pain, and I have to go way more often. My pain is a bad ache and pressure. It will also go into my hip, and sometimes my leg. Have you had x-rays done? With your symptoms, I would guess they should do more blood tests to rule out bladder or kidney infection, and do x-rays, if nothing is found, then an MRI with contrast. This will show any disk problem and if any nerves are pinched. I get my injection today so I will be off here untill tomorrow. good luck and I will be back when I can.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:32 AM   #7
(female)

dunerkat58 HB Userdunerkat58 HB Userdunerkat58 HB Userdunerkat58 HB User

I also have the same problems. When my back pain is bad, I have constipation and get the pressure in my bladder. I have had low back problems for over 20 years (2 failed fusion surgeries) and it has been acting up more severely since 8/09.

I also have hip/buttock aching, especially at night. I plan to ask to go to a pain mgmt. doctor for medication to help with my pain. I am currently working on having my neck issues resolved with surgery in the next couple months. I hope that will help my neck, and in turn, lessen the pain I experience.

This constant pain is life changing, and there is no clear cut answer as to what will help.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:56 AM   #8
(female)

dee46 HB User

It's been that for me, life changing. At least I know more now then I did before. At least I know that possibly all these symptoms are related to some sort of back issue and possible a little Fibro as well. It's been helpful hearing from others and knowing that there are people I can talk to about this. I appreciate everyone's input. Thanks

Closed Thread