It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2010, 02:27 PM   #1
(female)

jodi n HB User
Question tingling in foot 4 mos after surgery??

HI all,
Now i am freaking out again, i am getting tingling and cold sensations in top of my foot and by ankle area again. It has been almost 4 months since i had micro-d and laminectomy on L4-5. I do not have back pain, just the typical tenderness, and i am able to walk just fine, but i am so terrified of having to go through this again!!! I mean TERRIFIED!!!! I am also getting pains on the right side of my left knee (surgery was on the left side of L4-5)
I am on neurontin 900mg a day, although i have to admit the past few days i have not been taking it regularly. Has any of this happened to anyone else???

P>S> Hi sookiepooka, how have you been???
Jodi

Last edited by jodi n; 04-06-2010 at 02:36 PM.

Old 04-06-2010, 03:46 PM   #2
(male)

hudson07 HB User
Re: tingling in foot 4 mos after surgery??

I'm 3.5 months post micro-d and laminectomy and still have some pain. I've complained about sharp and burning pains in my right foot on some other posts. That's settled down a bit but I still have pain in my right thigh on occasion and some tingling and occasional numbness in my heel (right now as a matter of fact). I'm not on anything for pain except the occasional Motrin. Doc is not concerned as long as it's not continual. A few people I've heard had the miracle surgery and are completely pain free but most of the posts I've seen seem to indicate that nerves can take a long, long time to settle down post surgery.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2010, 04:11 PM   #3
(male)

islandjohnny HB User

Jodi………it’s still way too early after your surgery for you to suspect the worst. Nerves truly take time to rebuild. As soon as possible, and your physician approves, make sure you do the physical therapy routine. That is very crucial to being able to loosen your muscles, and keep them from atrophy.

Wishing you the best…………

Old 04-07-2010, 07:57 AM   #4
(male)

sookiepooka HB User

Hey Jodi,
Went for follow up due to pain starting at mid thigh down through my foot. Felt like sciatica before the surgery, but just a little different. My surgeon was worried that I may have reinjured it from my description over the phone, that's why I went in to see him. No re-injury. I knew that. My low back hardly ever hurts. I was able to lift/extend my leg all the way out when sitting on the table!!! That was cool. Had not done that in two years!!!! Long story short. He did not think it was nerve related at this time. Need to do PT. He though it may be some hypersensitivity of the muscles around the nerves that have been damaged for so long. It feels like nerve pain but what do I know. I'll continue to try to get better and do what he says. He has been very good so far. Even tough I still have a some pain I am much better than before. Much better. Feels good. But it is frustrating to continue to have pain, I think it just takes time and effort. Sorry your are having some similiar problems as I. Don't freak out. You'll be fine. Try PT. Take your meds. Hang in there. I think if you were re-injured you would definitely know it by have that stinger pain in the low back. Sounds like you need more time like me. Thanks for posting. Lets me know I'm not alone!!!!

Sookiepooka

Closed Thread