It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2010, 03:31 PM   #1
(female)

dee46 HB User
disk issues?? how can this happen?

I have never had any back pain. I have bragg on this. My question how can I just suddenly wake one morning with burning pain in lower back and 6 months later I am in misery. I am okay if I stand straight, sit for a little while and sleep on my back. The minute I do anything that requires bending and moving simple things like a clothes basket I am in pain. I certainly cannot live like this I have large home 3 stories you mays as well say, and it tooks us years to get here in this home 6 years now we lived here. Now only 46 in the prime of my life I don't know what I am going to do. I haven't worked since last year because i was laid off and trying to find work is tough. I cannot lie on my application.

I had a CT done it showed nothing in October 2009. I don't have the money to find out what is going on. I am sure it's a disk issue just by all I've read on this site. It hurts in my buttocks but always just one side and it goes back and forth sides.

How can someone just wake up with this problem one day without having any prior back issues? I was not doing anything to cause it like lifting when it came on. I have been like this now 6 months only taking Aleve for pain.

It's to much to even think about anymore.

Last edited by dee46; 04-10-2010 at 03:33 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2010, 07:15 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

brendaks1 HB Userbrendaks1 HB Userbrendaks1 HB User
Re: disk issues??how can this happen?

I'm sorry you're having back pain problems.

I never had back pain before my back problems began around 2 years ago, so I also had a difficult time coming to the realization my life had changed and that I wasn't immune to back pain problems.

Your description of your problems isn't entirely in line with a disc problem. Could you provide more information? Do you have pain that radiates down one or both legs? Is the pain in your back worse than your buttock pain? There are some conditions that are similar to disc problems that can be confused, so more information would be helpful to get opinions of those on this board.

If this is a condition you have been dealing with for 6 months now, even if you don't have insurance, you need to be seen by a doctor. There are some back problems that can get worse if not treated or cause permanent nerve damage. Also, the majority of people who have back problems, even herniated discs, get better with conservative treatments. You need to see a doctor though to get diagnosed properly and get on conservative treatments if that's the course he/she prescribes for you.

If your pain isn't bad enough to interfere with your ability to work, you could try getting a job first and then be seen by a doctor, but if it's so bad you wouldn't be able to work then you should see a doctor now and worry about the medical bills later.

Best wishes!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2010, 07:35 PM   #3
(female)

dee46 HB User

I am not sure how to describe it. I have a burning pain in my lower back over my sacrum. It feels like something is rubbing in there. It also has affected my hips I get pain in them at night in bed. I have the pain worse in back at times the pain will feel achy in my buttocks and travel down my leg. I recall a sharp pain down my leg one time, but mostly dull achy. The Aleve does help. Some said I could be suffering from fibromyalgia because I get flu like symptoms and burning in my legs and arms.

When I move my body to bend over it feels like I have sometime rubbing in my lover back.

Thanks

Old 04-11-2010, 06:03 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

brendaks1 HB Userbrendaks1 HB Userbrendaks1 HB User

A lot of people have problems with their sacroiliac (SI) joint, and some people have it so bad they need to have it fused.

Very few doctors are able to diagnose this condition correctly, and most spine surgeons don't even know how to diagnose or treat it.

You can do an Internet search on SI joint fusion or SIJD to find out more information about the condition.

It's also possibly you have problems with your hips. The ligaments between the low back/SI joint/hips are all very interconnected and complex, so it's common to confuse a problem in one area with another, and often the problems go hand in hand.

NSAID's can help reduce inflammation as well as reduce pain, and if those are safe for you to take and can get you back to work so you can get insurance, then great. If you aren't able to hold down a job due to the pain, then you need to be seen by a medical professionally regardless of your financial situation.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:02 PM   #5
(female)

dee46 HB User

I did something really stupid yesterday I decided to research the info you gave me and all of it rings true. I went to a website on it and guy on there was explaining it pretty darn good in a video. He also showed you how to get some relief. It did not work it made my pain so bad that even today all around my entire pelvis I am having pain. The exercises were pretty simple and not so bad, but they caused me terrible pain later that night. I think I have a disk issue and this problem also. I am very ill today.

Closed Thread