It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2010, 07:41 PM   #1
(female)

SUDHARSHANI HB User
low back pain

After a fall from a staircase I am having a low back pain for 3 yrs.From last week onwards I am getting it daily and finding difficult to do my work.Difficult to sit in one place. Also I am getting the pain when I keep on standing.I can feel mt last bone in the spine is aching when i am seated.Then I cannot stand up at once.Some days I have a sever pain in my right leg also.

Even though I take medicines the pain do not reduce.what is the reason for this.

Old 04-11-2010, 11:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB User
Re: low back pain

That sounds like what they the sciatic nerve pain. When you injure your back, it can put pressure on a disk and this in turn can pinch the sciatic nerve that runs down your legs. Please go to a doctor and get this checked out as it sounds like it has gotten worse so you will need treatment for it. The first course is usually meds and rest, the second is epidural injection. If you are sent for one of these, I would suggest having it under sedation. These worked well for me in the past. They help with inflamation and pain. I am also dealing with the same thing right now, pain sitting, pain standing, and now I am bent to one side when I walk. I have to call the doc today and get in as soon as I can as I can barely walk. Good luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2010, 09:30 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

[COLOR="Navy"]When you fell from the staircase, did you go to the doctor? What did he say was wrong? What kind of meds did he give you? Did he put you in therapy, or just bedrest?

It sounds like you have comresssion of a disc, and that is causing the pressure on your lower back and on your sciatic nerve-which is causing the pain down your leg. You need to get into the doctor and have this looked at and get some proper meds for it.

Good luck.[/COLOR]

Old 04-12-2010, 09:06 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

For that type of pain you need to see your doctor. After some tests they can then consider referring you to an Orthopedic Spine Surgeon and/or Neurosurgeon. These type of doctors don't only do surgery but can work with you to create a treatment plan with different options.

Closed Thread