It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2010, 04:49 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gram4 HB User
nerve damage & acupuncture?

I fell a yr ago hurt my back, around to the groin (real bad) & right thigh. I tried everything nothing worked so I went to acupuncture last week. He looked a MRI & report & sd it was nerve damage. The week after that my pain esp groin was horrible really hurt. I took 800mg of ibeprophen for the 1st time & it got rid of the pain. I'm thinking the acupuncture bothered it. Anyone heard of this? Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2010, 10:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: nerve damage & acupuncture?

[COLOR="Navy"]I went to an acupuncturist for a year. My internist wanted me to go when the nerve pain in my legs didn't abate. He told me that he wanted me to go to someone trained in the chinese method of accupuncture. The lady i went to had startaed learing at her grandfathers knee when she was 5 years old in China. She is now in her late 30s. I went for a year and the work she did was amazing for my les. The needles she placed opened up the meridians when allowed the energy of he nerves to flow. I would have anywhere from 29-58 needles in me every week. It tired me out, but it never increased the pain.

Perhaps your person may have placed a needle too close to a nerve or muscle or he may have nicked the nerve that was irritated? That is the only thing that I can think of that would cause extra pain.

I odn't think you should return...or when you go baclk-before he treats you, ask him why you had a pain increase. Then decide if you want more.[/COLOR]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2010, 11:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gram4 HB User
Re: nerve damage & acupuncture?

thanks I will, this man is very good & famous for helping people so it's strange. The only thing I can figure is it wasn't my leg but my groin that was killing me. MAYBE THE GROIN AREA IS Too senistive for needles.

Closed Thread