It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2010, 03:13 AM   #1
(female)

trishunderwood HB User
5 months post microdiscotomy

Hello, this is my first post so i will try and make it brief. I had L5 microdiscotomy last september after waiting bed bound for 7 months hooked on loads of medication things went very slow but did improve slowly over the next 5 months but i,m back to being in bed and cant even stand think i done to much my hip is so far pulled over to the right i have to tip toe when i do get up. i,ve got to go back to my surgeon and get a mri to see whats happened and i,m so scared that i have got to go threw it all again. i'm hoping i,ve just over done things but it has been 3 weeks since i cant move awake at nights again with pain in leg and can only lay on one side. any usefull information would be great to stop some of the worry

Old 04-15-2010, 08:17 AM   #2
(female)

candy0821 HB User
Re: 5 months post microdiscotomy

This happened to me, but it only took me a week to have problems. When I had the MRI the surgeon told me that I had re-herniated the same disc even worse than before so I had to have a second microdiscectomy. That is what could have happened to you b/c my pain was so much more severe after the surgery, so if you weren't careful about bending/lifting/or even straining to go to the bathroom (which I did b/c the pain meds make you constipated) then you could have easily re-injured yourself. I know you are worrying, and it is very hard not to b/c I know I was having panic attacks, but the MRI is the best thing you can do right now to see what has happened and how bad it really is. You just need to make sure you communicate to your surgeon and let him know how painful everything is, but until then the only thing you can really do is try to stay somewhat positive (I know it is very hard) and do whatever you can to stay comfortable while you wait for the MRI results. Sorry this isn't a lot of help, but I hope you feel better soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread