It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2010, 08:55 AM   #1
(female)

buckwheat1 HB User
Selective Endoscopic Discectomy - Anyone???

Hi all - I am new to this board. Injured self last year and had cervical disc replacement and fusion (4-5, 5-6,6-7). While recovering I started experiencing lower back pain. I kept telling my Surgeon on follow up visits and he basically blew me off. He prescribed physically therapy for my neck and also for my lower back. Unfortunately, he never had me do an MRi and the PT made the back pain un-bearable. Turns out there are 2 herniated discs and an annular tear. Have had 4 epidurals without much relief and decided to see a new Surgeon last week. This Doc was honest and to the point. He told me I needed surgery, and he could traditional open back surgery if I wanted - but said if it were him (because of my young age of 48) he would opt for the minimimally invasive Selective Endoscopic Discectomy. He referred me to one of the few DR's in my area that perform this surgery and I have an appt later this week. Please let me know if any of you have had this procedure and if you have had good results. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2010, 12:00 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

murr3 HB User
Re: Selective Endoscopic Discectomy - Anyone???

SED is most advanced surgery technique and method, especially for disc herniations and internal disc disruption (aka DDD and annular tear).

It is spread widely in last 20 years, introduced in early 90ties by Parviz Kambin. Dr. Anthony Yeung made an evolution of Kambin's method and discovered SED. Worldwide success rate is 90%. It is much more superior to open spine surgery like micro-discectomy.

Go for SED !!!!

Last edited by murr3; 04-19-2010 at 12:01 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2010, 07:44 AM   #3
(female)

buckwheat1 HB User

Thanks for your info and enthusiasm! Met with the new surgeon yesterday and have scheduled the SED surgery for 5/19/10. I feel I am taking a risk but this procedure is way less invasive then the traditional open back surgery. At this point I feel I have nothing to lose as I will be able to return to work the next week. Thanks again and I will let you know how it goes - Even if it relieves 50% of the pain - I will be happy.

Old 04-25-2010, 03:02 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

murr3 HB User

You'll be almost pain-free. All best, keep us updated.

Closed Thread