It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2010, 02:59 AM   #1
(male)

ELBOW2HEAD HB User
Please help with my back problem

Hi,

I currently having another episode of back pain. But every time its getting worse and worse. I have been getting this on/off for over 10 years now and each time the pins and needles are getting lower and lower down my legs to my foot now. My left leg was the worse but now my right leg is catching it up. Due to work commitments i went to see a private chiropractor who tested my reflexes and said they appear normal except for my left ankle reflex where there was no reflex at all.

She didn't seem too concerned about that though. She gave me a set of exercises which i kind of stuck to and the pain in my back and pins and needles went away like most of my back pain episodes do. Now they have come back with a vengeance and nothing i try seems to releave the pain. I also noticed pins and needles in my middle fingers of my hands but i don't know if that has anything to do with my back.

I've been on ibruprophen and used ice on my back which is not working as good as it used too and i still need to sleep on my side with a pillow between my legs and bring my knees to my chest to keep the pins and needles away.

I also noticed that if i lie on my back and bend my knees and relax them with my soles of my feet together it also hurts. Again, not sure this means anything.

If anyone has the same kind of symptoms or advice that you can share then please please let me know.

Many thanks

Michael

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2010, 05:23 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: Please help with my back problem

[COLOR="Navy"]The pain in your legs is nerve pain and it's becuase you have nerves that are being compressed. The fact that you are losing feeling in your ankle and foot would concern me.

If I were you, I would first stay away from the chiro, then get yourself to a good back doctor who can figure out what is wrong with your back. It's not normal to have to sleep like that. AND if this has been going on for 10 years my guess is that you have suffered some permanent nerve damage.

You really need to get into a doctor and get this figured out. After 10 years I would want to be out of the pain or have a valid reason for why I have it. BTW it isn't good to take so many OTC pain meds either.....

good luck![/COLOR]

Closed Thread