It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2010, 05:40 PM   #1
(male)

Boot88 HB User
Progressing thoratic pain, any tips?

One year ago I was sitting at my computer (I'm a programmer) and my mid thoracic back started to hurt. I thought nothing of it and went on my day, to get breakfast and then come back home to go to bed. I sometimes need to stay up all night to work on projects. I was in a hunched position. So I came back and was in a lot of pain. Took a hot shower and it got better while I was in the shower, but got worse on the way out. I was in a lot of pain, nothing would work. Im sure its not as bad as the pain many of you suffer from but it was bad.

Called Doc and he gave me a script for Relefen 750mg and suggested I ice it. It worked. Throughout the next year, I continued to use the relefen and it helped, but the problem was becoming a bit more chronic. To solve the problem I would lay in bed on my back with ice and take the anti-inflammatory and id be ok. Sometimes it would be gone in 4 hrs, other times 2 days. This went on about 30x over 1 year until last week when I ran out of the relefen. I was still able to solve the problem, but it took 2 full days, instead of 1.

Then we came upon last Thursday, when my mom took me out to dinner. I got into the booth which had very little support and my back just went crazy. Good thing I had some tiger balm, because I was in real pain and it helps. The pain is in the bottom of the thoracic area. Its like my back was forming a vertical cusp in that area. I was in some real pain, sweating and having blurry vision. My diaphragm was really sore and I had pain under my ribs. The difference here from a year ago, is that the pain has gotten less, but it is still sore, even a week after.

I went to the ER where they gave me valium and percocet which knocked out the pain. Doc gave me a script for flexeril and percocet, and the flexeril helps me sleep, but I dont take the percocet. I can deal with just an aspirin or two for now.

The doc just said its a muscle spasm and gave me some stretches and recommended I start to swim. Im usually a very active person and only 24, so this is changing my entire lifestyle.

Since I am a programmer, I am having a lot of trouble sitting at any computer chair, and I have a pretty good chair certified by the American Chiropractic Association.
I don't haver insurance, as I am a recent college grad, but am awaiting Medicare approval. Maybe when I get that il gfo to a Ortho.

What's wrong with me and how can I get back to enjoying my life? I know you cant diagnose me, but what do my symptoms sound like.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread