It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2010, 05:46 PM   #1
(female)

spineache HB User
Spine cracks continuously

I'm 50 yrs old and never so much as had a back issue up until a year ago...i was diagnosed with scoliosis...i don't understand how and why i came about almost suddently...but it's now at the point where it is almost too much to endure...my spine pops with just turning, reaching, bending, and i need to lean up and push my back up against something to get that "big pop" which brings intense relief, for some moments!

i have no doctor where i've located. and it appears will not be able to as they have a major shortage of doctors in this area.

is there anything i can do...i don't want to have to take pills..if i can avoid it!! i'm soo depressed...i can't do anything!
Joanne

Old 04-23-2010, 07:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: Spine cracks continuously

[COLOR="Navy"]Scoliosis is usually cured by surgery-when you get to "our" age. Kids wear a brace for it, but I doubt that it would work for adults who are completely grown-back bone wise.

My advice is to find a good back doc that can work with you on this. When I had my fusion, the also corrected a 20 degree curve in my lower back.

good luck[/COLOR]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2010, 07:30 AM   #3
(female)

pianolady HB User
Re: Spine cracks continuously

Since you don't have a doctor there, have you considered a chiropractor if there is one there? I don't know how serious your scoliosis is, but I have a slight curve in my spine that I never knew I had before, and my chiropractor claims she can fix it! I am also 50. The jury is still out on it, but it might be worth a try. Maybe the chiropractor will tell you they can't help you, but it couldn't hurt to try.

Last edited by pianolady; 04-23-2010 at 07:31 AM.

Closed Thread