It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2010, 09:50 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User
Does a Broken Back always hurt?

last night i had my 3 year old playing rough and she jumped on the middle of my back and it cracked....felt weird...didn't hurt....but still feels odd....could she have cracked a vertebrae or would i be in much worse shape than i am now sitting at work at a computer........

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2010, 11:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User
Re: Does a Broken Back always hurt?

Many years ago I was jumping a horse and was thrown off. I figured correctly I broke my tailbone as it hurt so very much. I didn't go to the dr, (dumb teenager I was) and my parents were out of town. I dont know why the family I was staying with didn't do anything, but whatever. It wasn't until 30 years later during a scan, it was mentioned to me I had a healed fracture in my vertebre. So, I would have to answer your question with a yes

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2010, 11:14 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

It is possible, but even more likely that she caused a vertebrae and/or disc to move a bit. Give it a few days and see if the pain gets any better. If not you should at least seek out an x-ray within the next week.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:20 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

[COLOR="Navy"]I have had a broken back...and yes it DOES hurt..you have no idea how bad it hurts. It literally takes your breath away and I almost pased out... You would know if your back was broken. If it doesn't get better, head into your gp and get an xray and a professional opinion. Better safe than sorry.[/COLOR]

Old 04-26-2010, 10:06 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

manchak99 HB User

Thanks....well, after reading your posts, it doesn't sound like it's broken...maybe a torn muscle or something as it's very stiff and is a bit uncomfortable to try to get to sleep.....but i do think it's a bit better today-even with the cool damp weather.
Thanks again for your replies.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:23 AM   #6
(male)

rugmankc HB User

Another possibility is a fractured pars. These hold the vertebrae together. I fell on my back on the ice and believe that is where I cracked the pars. That fracture allowed the one vertebrae to slip forward over the one below it and pinched a nerve. I am now 2 weeks post op spine surgery and hurting because I let it go too long. Chances are you have no serious damage, but an xray would be prudent. If the vertebrae have not yet slipped and pinched anything you wouldn't have pain yet. I think it took me carrying something very heavy over my shoulder that helped slip the vertebrae.

Just another opinion, good luck,

Ken

Closed Thread