It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2010, 03:04 AM   #1
(male)

Tatler HB User
Smile Sleep or lack of

I keep waking up in discomfort (I won't call it pain I reserve that for serious pain).It seems I even dream about being injured etc then wake up constantly through the night. Do any of you take anything for the pain before you go to bed? Or have you invested in an orthopedic mattress? I know 10 bottles of Budweiser would ensure a comatose state but may work out expensive

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2010, 05:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB UserKasey443 HB User
Re: Sleep or lack of

LOL, beer works for me too, but I don't sleep good then, I keep waking up. I take a vicodin at night, and if that is not enough for the pain, I take neurontin. It takes care of the pain and helps me sleep at the same time. Only problem is I get the side effects of it too, it works well to help me sleep and works wonders for the pain, but I then wake feeling drunk and out of it for hours.

Last edited by Kasey443; 04-24-2010 at 05:30 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2010, 09:27 AM   #3
(male)

guy484 HB Userguy484 HB User

Oxycontin quits working for you after a year.

I've found no answer other than stay up until you literally pass out. The kids and wife aren't accepting my inability to sleep well.

Old 04-24-2010, 03:29 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

I had an L3-S1 fusion 2/3/10 and for the first 10 weeks did not sleep well at all. Hubby slept in a separate room so I could get up in the middle of the night and not bother his sleep. I still have rough nites but we keep the sirius radio next to my side of the bed and I can usually find something to listen to.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:00 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

[COLOR="Navy"]how long the oxicontin works depends on each person. That's a blanket statement.

The Bud would work, but then you would be up peeing all night and not get any sleep from that! I always take pain meds before I go to bed...and there isn't many nights that I don't sleep.

Have you tried taking a sleep aid? A lot of folks take a sleeping pill to help with their nights sleep. . or a benedryl....[/COLOR]

Old 04-26-2010, 01:57 PM   #6
(female)

stertaz HB User

Pain killers keep me from sleeping.. I have to take Lunesta for sleep, otherwise I'm awake all night. And it's hard to find a position to sleep in anyway.. let alone being awake from the pain killers.. Vicodin, percodan, percocet, morphine.. all of them keep me from sleeping. My PM Dr gave me an RX for Lunesta. Without it I'd be a walking zombie.

Old 05-02-2010, 01:57 PM   #7
Veteran
(male)

Michael8466 HB User

After a year in pain and my pm dr. not prescribing sleep aides or pain medication I went to my regular dr who was upset and surprised because of this. So now I'll take vicodin, mostly at night when the pain is worse. I also take an ambien and I sleep like a baby. Without the meds I wouldn't fall asleep till 4 or 5 in the morning. Listen to your body, if your dr is not listening to you find another.

Closed Thread