It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2010, 07:07 AM   #1
(female)

dee46 HB User
Si joint who has it can you help me out?

I need someone who actually suffers from Si or knows someone. Last night I had pain so bad while sleeping it always on my stomach but I cannot sleep on back. This morning was the first morning I woke up nauseated from the pain.
Also this pain goes from one side to the next. I wonder if I have got a darn tumor the way this feels. Well if I do it grew in last couple of months, because in October there wasn't one in my pelvis. When I am standing up i have some pain sometimes sharp pain hits, but mostly it all happens around the middle of the night close to 5am I get up after that.

Gosh, I don't know what to do anymore I have no insurance since I left my 5 year job in Feb 2009. My husband was very sick and I ran after him for two days stressed myself out and ran up and down 14 steps probably over 50 times caring for him and he survived the chest pain from either GERD or his arm injury or even maybe it was this cold coming on. He was not congested in his chest though.

Does Si joint issues go back and forth from one side of the buttocks to the next and of course the pain in my lower back is still there.

I really hope to here from some one.

Last edited by dee46; 04-25-2010 at 07:08 AM.

Old 04-25-2010, 05:01 PM   #2
(female)

CaliGirl HB UserCaliGirl HB UserCaliGirl HB UserCaliGirl HB UserCaliGirl HB User
Re: Si joint who has it can you help me out?

How was your diagnosis of SI joint pain confirmed? Sometimes it's tough to do this unless you have actually had an SI joint nerve block. That being said, let's assume it is the SI Joint. For people with intermittent, acute flare-ups, a nerve block w/cortisone may be all that is needed to calm it back down. If this does not work then a nerve ablation is the next level up option. Given your lack of insurance, the above could be difficult if not impossible. If you have not any any physical therapy this may be a place to start. You could pay for the initial visit and explain that because you have no insurance you would like an in-home exercise/rehabilitation program. Then if you are able to tolerate the exercises, I would give it a month or two to really start helping. Hope this is helpful. Oh, and also, you could schedule a visit with your GP and maybe be kept comfortable with some pain medication. I take both Lyrica and Nucynta for my SI joint problems. I have had all the fancy treatments and the most effective intervention has been a good, and I stress, GOOD, physical therapist.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2010, 07:26 PM   #3
(female)

dee46 HB User

Well, hopefully I am going to get back my insurance soon. I've never been diagnose officially. I've done a lot reading and had a CT in October which did not show much. If it is difficult to diagnose I won't waste money trying to get it figured out. I will just wait.
I was looking for a connection of symptoms from others. I wanted to see if they had the same as I do, basically that is what I ask about. However, the info you supplied was very helpful. Thank you.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:47 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

You'd have to have a full examination and testing to see if it's truly the SI joint. Each SI joint is independent. So both can hurt, or just one, but the pain wouldn't transfer between the two. I had an SI joint nerve ablation last Fall that seemed to work for a while though the pain has returned. So I may aim for another ablation.

Old 04-26-2010, 05:36 AM   #5
(female)

dee46 HB User

"Good grief" I've read all the back issues that some of you have, and I wonder how you guys even survive day to day life. I am totally overwhelmed by all of it. I pray my case is not as bad.

For me this all started after I was laid off from my job because I made to much money and they wanted to cut the budget. Five years I gave them. So I had all this free time and decided to paint all the ceilings downstairs. I only have 8ft ceilings and figured I could manage. I used a step ladder to do it, up and down billions of times. I had to bend backward a lot to do it. I never noticed anything until October when a burning pain struck my lower spine over the sacrum area. I went to the ER had a CT. The trip cost me out of the pocket over $5,000. Until I go back to work in job of my college level degree I do not see any insurance. I've had to live on CD's and savings. My hubby is a chef but they don't get insurance at their work. So I am stuck, but it doesn't take rocket science to know I have a problem at some level. I thought about selling my Jaguar, but then I have nothing to drive. No I just have to take a lower level job is what I will do that is if I am not crippled by then. Also, when I notices all this new pain is when I started sitting my bum on a chair in front of the TV and Computer for months and months, looking for work and researching. My job required constant moving no sitting so maybe it had been waiting to explode this wicked ordeal for just the minute when I stopped running.

Thanks for all the help.

Last edited by dee46; 04-26-2010 at 05:40 AM.

Closed Thread