It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2010, 09:03 AM   #1
(female)

CL in Austin HB User
Unhappy Pain after Discogram/Discography help

I had a diagnostic discogram/discography where they went in and poked at my discs to see if they were the source of my pain. I tested partially positive for L4-5 which tells us something but then i had a CT scan which showed nothing. My discs have good height and no ruptures or tears. We are at a complete loss for what could be wrong with me cause my discs aren't degenerating but they are painful.
I have had so much pain though since the procedure. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this procedure and can help shed some light on when i might start to feel better again. i had the procedure done 3 weeks ago. i never thought i'd say this, but i would take my old-pain over this pain any day. It is so much worse and i fear that i have really done something terrible to it.

PLease...does anyone have any advise or words of wisdom.
i am currently on 4 x 10mg Norco a day which does not seem to do ANYTHING.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:08 PM   #2
(female)

lifeshard HB User
Re: Pain after Discogram/Discography help

Sorry to hear about your pain. I have had several discograms, I only had mild aching in my back for a couple of days after the procedure. The procedure itself was very painful. What does your dr say about this long term pain? It is very unusual

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2010, 08:47 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

The most I ever had was 3-4 days of a backache. You may want to contact your doctor to discuss how long the symptoms have lasted.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:53 AM   #4
(female)

CL in Austin HB User

[QUOTE=lifeshard;4235232]Sorry to hear about your pain. I have had several discograms, I only had mild aching in my back for a couple of days after the procedure. The procedure itself was very painful. What does your dr say about this long term pain? It is very unusual[/QUOTE]

Wow, i can't thank you guys enough for replying to my message. Now i'm really concerned. Two of you wrote that you had increased pain for just 3 or 4 days after the procedure. I"m scheduled to see my PM doctor next week and i will most definitely discuss this with him. It almost sounds like there's something else going on besides the disc however the pain i feel is the exact pain, in the exact place where they did the discogram. Man, this sucks, i fear i'll never get back to where i was before and i can't believe that i would even want to but that pain was much more tolerable than this. Thanks again so much. These boards are SUCH a huge help to hear from people who have been where you have been instead of only hearing from a doctor.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:56 PM   #5
(male)

mayonesa HB User

[QUOTE=CL in Austin;4235804]Wow, i can't thank you guys enough for replying to my message. Now i'm really concerned. Two of you wrote that you had increased pain for just 3 or 4 days after the procedure. I"m scheduled to see my PM doctor next week and i will most definitely discuss this with him. It almost sounds like there's something else going on besides the disc however the pain i feel is the exact pain, in the exact place where they did the discogram. Man, this sucks, i fear i'll never get back to where i was before and i can't believe that i would even want to but that pain was much more tolerable than this. Thanks again so much. These boards are SUCH a huge help to hear from people who have been where you have been instead of only hearing from a doctor.[/QUOTE]

What was the result? Has the pain gone back to pre-discogram days?

Closed Thread