It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2010, 10:02 AM   #1
(female)

determinedtorun HB User
lower back pain in the morning

This is my first time posting, but I feel I need some advice and guidance.

I am 26 years old. I am healthy, and visit the gym approx 5 days a week, working cardio and weights and eat healthy. I had my gallbladder removed when I was 20, and I was just diagnosed about 3 months ago with GERD, inflammation of the stomach lining, and a small hiatal hernia. to fix this problem, I started taking prilosec 2x a day, and the symptoms have nearly vanished.

About a month ago, I noticed my lower back was sore when I got out of bed, but thought I just I slept wrong. This went on for about a week or so. Then all of a sudden, the pain would wake me up between 3 and 5am, every morning. I struggle to get out of bed, and have to take baby steps and pace the apartment. I can't burp, breathe in deep, or hiccup and the pain is almost unbearable. I let it go for about a week, and then went to the doctor. She did an xray and found nothing. She wanted to send me to physical therapy, but I inisisted she dig deeper. She is sending me to an MRI which has yet to be scheduled. She doesn't think it will help, b/c she thinks it's a muscle issue, but put me on valium and then when that didn't let me sleep through the night- she now has me on vicadin, which also is not working.

Every morning I have to get up, walk around the apartment taking baby steps, with a heating pad wrapped around my back (which does not help) and pace for about 20-30 minutes to let the pain subside enough to carry on with the day.

Also, about a month ago when this all started happening, I went to the eye doctor b/c I randomly was seeing little dots in my eyes, they come and go, but he called them floaters...

I have tried sleeping on our bed, futon, and floor (in every imaginable position), I've tried pillow under my legs, between my legs, heat, ice, etc.
I don't know what else to do... or what my next step should be. My doctor doesn't seem to think it's anything, but it obviously is.

Any advice is appreciated....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2010, 01:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: lower back pain in the morning

[COLOR="Navy"]Get the MRI done first. And while you are waiting-=find a good back doctor that can do a thorough exam and find out what is causing you to have this flare up every morning....[/COLOR]

Closed Thread