It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2010, 01:18 PM   #1
(female)

lifeshard HB User
Epidurals & Injections do not work for me, anyone else?

I have had over 40 sessions of injections and epidurals over the last 4 yrs for my back pain. I have had steriod oral meds, nasal sprays and the injections. My body does not respond to steroids of any type. Is there anyone else like me? I also had a trial for a stimulator, the drs could not get it so I could feel it anywhere above my legs. He placed it at T5 which is unusually high for this device. He moved it all the way down and still couldnt feel it in my back. The representative of the stimulator company also attempted several changes in the programs and intensity with no success.
I was told I have a "very unusual anatomy"

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2010, 10:52 PM   #2
(female)

FriarJen83 HB User
Re: Epidurals & Injections do not work for me, anyone else?

I have had a bunch of epidural steroid injections too with no relief AT ALL...I don't think it is too unusual!!! lol. But 40 sessions sounds like WWWAAAYYYY too much...that cannot be healthy at all!!! I have a friend who was taking oral steroids for pain, not for the first time, she had taken them a few times before, and they actually ate away her bone in both of her shoulders and all of her shoulder bone died...she had to have both replaced. it was a horrible ordeal for her... I don't think I will ever let another doctor inject me with them again...especially since they have never helped in the first place!! good luck with your pain though!!! ~Jen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread