It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2010, 09:28 AM   #1
(male)

muhassan76 HB User
leg and foot pain

i am 34yrs old having diffuse circumferential bulge at L4-5 level causing mild compression on thecal sachoweer no significant compression is noted on existing nerve root at this level , my MR myclogram shows mild compression on CSF column at this level . I am also having abnormal signal intensity area appearing hyperintense on both T1W1 and T2W1 is noted in the body of LV3. this represent focal fatty deposit plus also their is straightening of lumbar spine is noted due to muscular spasm, however AP veretebral alignmnet is intact .

i am having leg and foot pain for last three years also
Kindly what treatemt should is undergo , do i reuire surgery or medication or exercise.....

Last edited by muhassan76; 04-29-2010 at 09:30 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2010, 03:29 PM   #2
(female)

helenlegs11 HB User
Re: leg and foot pain

Hi muhassan76

Leg and foot pain is often due to a root nerve impingment and as you say, your mri showed no significant impingment but you also mentioned a muscle spasm. This may be very significant. The piriformis muscle which runs horizontally (ish) through the buttock, from the base of the spine to the hip The sciatic nerve runs under (and in some people through) the piriformis muscle and if spasmed or tight it can create sciatica. Scar tissue from the spasm can also create the problem.
Check piriformis syndrome out. I have it and have been misdiagnosed for 2 years. If it is that exercises can help. even if it isn't exercise will always help.
Good luck
Helen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2010, 12:01 AM   #3
(male)

muhassan76 HB User

[QUOTE=helenlegs11;4236109]Hi muhassan76

Leg and foot pain is often due to a root nerve impingment and as you say, your mri showed no significant impingment but you also mentioned a muscle spasm. This may be very significant. The piriformis muscle which runs horizontally (ish) through the buttock, from the base of the spine to the hip The sciatic nerve runs under (and in some people through) the piriformis muscle and if spasmed or tight it can create sciatica. Scar tissue from the spasm can also create the problem.
Check piriformis syndrome out. I have it and have been misdiagnosed for 2 years. If it is that exercises can help. even if it isn't exercise will always help.
Good luck
Helen[/QUOTE]

hi Helen
thanks for your valuable advise i m highly oblidged. well the findings of my back i have shared are infact my detail report of MRI well i didnot know about much of the report yet coz in few days i will be visiting my neuro surgeon for follow of my MRI report well just wanted to ask that is there any thing serious in my findings of report and certaininly i will ask my seurgeon to check on piriformis syndrome.

well i am still confused that the pain my leg n ffoot intially started from my foot then it rediated to my legs and then to my knees. the pian radiated from down to upwards ater 2 years now i am feeling pain in my low back and to an extend it rediates to my thighs but this is happening now recently . can u tell does me my back problem is due to pian in my in my foot n leg or is it the back pain which has caused the pain in my foot initially n then in my lower limbs.
regards

hassan

Old 05-05-2010, 08:15 AM   #4
(female)

helenlegs11 HB User

I would think that all leg,foot,calf pain is due to sciatica, the impingment on the sciatic nerve at some point along t's length. Just remember that it can be impingened ANYWHERE along it's length as all nerves can. The most common diagnosis is an impingment at disc level (lower spine) but it can also be impinged in the buttock because of spasm or tightness in the piriformis muscle.
Take care
Helen

Closed Thread