It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2010, 05:56 PM   #1
(female)

Bjane HB User
Any Advice for back pain?

Hi, I'm 23 and have lower back pain and sciatica. I have been on naproxen and codeine with little relief so has been changed to diclofenac, tramadol and diazepam (not nice side effects so far). I had an MRI scan 8 weeks ago that showed everything as normal. My GP is now sending me for a 2nd MRI because the pain hasn't improved. I feel frustrated because the pain isnt improving and they dont know what is causing it. I feel isolated as I havent been able to work or go out much due to the pain. Has anyone any advice or has been in a similar situation?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2010, 06:03 PM   #2
(female)

FriarJen83 HB User
Re: Any Advice for back pain?

hey...I have been there! mine started when I was 18...26 now and pain is more unbearable than ever...definitely do not give up until you find out what is causing it...cause they will try to make you feel crazy and make you want to give up. my first scans didn't show much of anything...2nd one showed 3 fractured vertebrae! and more. also, make sure you get the MRI report for yourself...because it has happened to me sooo many times they did not tell me anything that was even in the report...not even about the fractures! I got my report 6 months later and read for myself about all of the problems no one had bothered to tell me about...it is definitely something you have to take into your own hands and be completely pro-active with...just don't give up!! wishing you all the best and hoping you find some relief soon.... ~Jen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread