It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

Told there is nothing any one can do

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-04-2010, 10:52 AM   #1
Volksie momma
(female)

Volksie momma HB User
Angry Told there is nothing any one can do

Hi Im new here, I have been reading lots of your posts and I feel your pain.

I have been on Morphine pretty heavy now for 4 yrs. I have had back problems since I was 13 then all of a sudden at work one day I just couldnt handle it any more. And this time no chiro or physio, Helped.
I have had constant pain for 4 years, I cant work Im on lots of morphine and anti depressants. I spend most of my days in bed sleeping, and I cant do house work or any thing.
I have been for MRi's Cat scans, bone scans, Traction,IMS, Had fassett joint injections 3, I have been to surgens and you name it they dont understand why I am in so much pain because my reports are not that severe.

It is very hard on my family, How can you be a wife or a mother when your in bed 90% of the time.

I am right now trying acupuncture.

I ache so bad when the weather is rainy or wet. My whole body and It make it impossible to get out of bed. I can not sit or stand too long and Laying down is best but it hurts too after awhile.

It is very hard on me because I am usually a very active person, I feel like crap I look like crap. I tend to hide away now and not want to talk to people. I have no patience and nothing really to offer in a friend ship.
Am I alone in this or is there others feeling that way. Where do you find a good Dr. to look into it and try to help you?
Im in B.C. Canada and I really dont know where to turn next. All I know is I can not live like this.
Any Idea's ????? Thankyou for letting me vent.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2010, 01:05 PM   #2
ibake&pray
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: Told there is nothing any one can do

[COLOR="Navy"]You chose-and each of us does-if you are going to let pain rule your life, or if you are going to rule the pain. I went in for a three level fusion and ended up with a broken back and more surgery. I am now fused from T9 to sacrum. I spent a month in the nursing home only to be discharged with a DVT that went from my calf to my groin, and I was throwing clots into both lungs. I was supposed to be out of work for 3-5 weeks. That ended up being almost 6 months.

Because of the broken back I will live in some degree of pain the rest of my life. I use a cane or walker and see my PM doctor every other month. My options are limited. I can no longer do much of the things that made my life what it was. But I have made a life in spite of the pain. I work +40 hours a week as an EA to a VP. I have 75 people that I take care of plus 4 managers. My folks are wonderful in helping when I need it, but I'm pretty self sufficent. There are many days that it's a push to get out of bed, but I do anyway. The pain is there all the time, it's part of my life but I try to ignore it as much as possible. What I'm trying to tell you is you need to try and push through.
The more you try the easier it bets to keep pushing. It sounds like your antidepressant needs to be either changed or adjusted. It attitude.

Have you been to a good back doctor that has gone through everything? If not I woulod find one. If you don't know anyone to ask, ask your pharmacist-they are a great wealth of in. Have you considered that it may not be back issues by something else like fibromialga? Perhaps also your morphine level is too high and that's why you are sleeping in bed all day...you can get so over medicated that all you want to do is sleep...

hang in there!
[/COLOR]

Closed Thread