It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2010, 05:31 AM   #1
(female)

fedupfor HB User
Smile 6 1/2 weeks post ALIF Update

Hello All,
Thought I would update on my personal recovery from my surgery as a few of you have been following me and cheering me on. Thank you for all of your advice etc... Ok, I was having a good amount of discomfort as to be expected at only i month post-op but to ad a twist is that I began my mensrtual cycle and all of a sudden I had radiating pain into my butt that lasted a couple of days and then I had a burning pain from my butt all the way down the back of my legs into my feet!! That damn sciatic nerve became ****** off and had me in my bed crying!!!!! Thoughts of Oh my God my back is fixed but my legs are not and how am I going to live with this kind of pain as there is nothing worse than nerve pain as most of you have experienced!! Called the doc and they started me on Neurontin and with in 3 days the pain in my legs began to dissipate and now I have been on it for 2 weeks and my leg pain is gone. It is a weird feeling as I feel the nerve back there but it is not bothering me if that makes sense? I have really been able to increase my activity with walking 45 minutes a day and able to be doing so much more activity wise with less time having to rest. I wish my Sciatic nerve would not be causing problems and wish I knew why it was causing me problems?? Will I be on neurontin the rest of my life? Did I live with my back pain too long and now I have damaged the nerve? All of those questions are open for comment if any of you have experienced such a problem after surgery?? The neurontin has allowed me to start living my life again!!!

Take Care All,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2010, 06:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: 6 1/2 weeks post ALIF Update

[COLOR="Navy"]fedup-

It sounds like you are doing great! And welcome to the world of sciatica. rotten isn't it? Nerve pain is just plain nasty. I don't think that you will be on Neurontin all of your life. As the nerve settles down and the swelling decreases, the pain should abate. You may get flare ups now and again, depending on what you do-or in your case if your period sets it off. Let's hope that it settles down and goes away...and congrats for the recovery.[/COLOR]

Closed Thread