It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2010, 12:16 PM   #1
(female)

stacym918 HB User
breast reduction & shoulder pain relief??

has anyone had a breast reduction and experienced pain relief in back, neck, shoulder (tension, knots,etc). How long did it take after the surgery to experience relief?

Old 05-31-2010, 07:50 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User
Re: breast reduction & shoulder pain relief??

Well....YES! I had a BR in 2002 and it's the best thing I've ever done. I didn't realize how much damage I had to my neck. This was not only size related but also due to problems with loose ligaments and tendons. I think had I done the BR sooner I may have had relief of some of the neck problems.

BR can be hard to get approval for so you'd first have to see what your primary care physician thinks. I was lucky in that mine referred me to a plastic surgeon right away, the PS was GREAT at providing the insurance company data and narratives as to why BR was needed and my surgeon was great.

Many times insurance will require that you go through some non-invasive therapy such as physical therapy first before BR surgery can be approved. This is just so they can say "nothing outside of surgery will relieve this person symptoms".

Please feel free to respond to my post if you have any more questions. Unfortunately I have a REALLY bad spine so don't let my list of surgeries scare you. But I may have been able to get the neck thing under control had I done BR earlier. I did it at age 36 but wish I had done so sooner. I've heard of people doing BR as early as 18 and as late as mid-60's!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2010, 05:32 AM   #3
(female)

stacym918 HB User

how many weeks after surgery did you experience relief??

Old 06-01-2010, 09:40 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

When I woke up I could feel it immediately. I felt so light and at first you think you are so small because your brain can't process it. I came out a C but swore I was an A.

S
A good plastic surgeon will help you decide the right size. Mine said he'd only do the surgery if I agreed to be made proportional. So if I wanted an A he would not do it. He did a GREAT job. My ob/gyn and mammography tech both say it was a great job.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:15 AM   #5
(female)

caiters HB User

Im 21 years old and i also had a BR done in june,09.i went from a 36H to a 34DD.I had immediate relief!(honestly the instant you stand up, your groggy but you can feel a burden lifted off your shoulders!)Insurance ended up paying for everything(except deductables, of course) but i had to call a few times because they challenged my case, once they realized my history they covered itI have a long history of back pain(mostly lower back)but talked to my family doctor about possible BR surgery to relieve my shoulder\\upper back pain, she agreed and it was done within 3 months!My family doctor refered me to a plastic surgeon that she was familiar with and it has honestly been the best decision i've ever made.Also its ALOT easier to find clothes that fit

Old 11-01-2010, 09:13 AM   #6
(female)

alleycat157 HB User

[QUOTE=stacym918;4256579]has anyone had a breast reduction and experienced pain relief in back, neck, shoulder (tension, knots,etc). How long did it take after the surgery to experience relief?[/QUOTE]

Old 11-01-2010, 09:18 AM   #7
(female)

alleycat157 HB User

I had a breast reduction 5 days ago and am pleased with the results. I am now getting shoulder ache and feels like a knot in my neck that was there before the op. I am hoping this will start to feel better soon now the weight has gone. I am a bit tense at the moment where I am protecting my wounds so that may also be the reason. Has anyone else had similar experience?

Closed Thread