It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2010, 11:16 AM   #1
(male)

Teddy2345912 HB User
Scar Tissue in Back After Surgery

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone had any tips or success stories they could pass on to me to maybe get my whole situation figured out and to start living pain free.... anyways this is my story...i had a bulging disc from lifting for football and continued to go through it with workouts and never gave myself a break, make long story short, i kept working out very hard for next 6 months after injury with traction treatment and other PT and never got any results, i was very stupid and ended up herniating a disc, I had a Microdisectomy by the top doctor in the nation who does all professional athletes, his name is Dr. Watkins Sr. out in Marina Del Rey, CA (Los Angeles) .... I had that in August 2009, about 2 months ago i had our school order me another MRI because i wasnt feeling right and they said the surgery was successful even though the disc was bulging a bit, but the scar tissue build up was what was affecting me and causing me pain, i have had 2 ESI and havent got a bit of relief from either of them, I am in very good shape, a D1 athlete, less than 9% body fat, eat very healthy, do all sorts of rehab and stablization exercises that my doctors told me to do and i can not get rid of the pain, I have started to do some jogging again and it feels better while im jogging but later when im done i am back in pain, i have tried some water therapy and it might help a little bit im not sure, i have bought a therapy inversion table and it made it worse i believe so i ended taking it back, i have read about laser spine surgeries but have also read they can be risky and there are a lot of law suits going at those people, its just very upsetting that i cannot live normally and i am very young and want to play football again and baseball collegiately but cannot with the pain i go through everyday, if anyone has any new comments or ideas please let me know, i am willing to try anything at this point to help me out, i dont remember what it feels like to live normally and be able to sit down without pain, only time i feel some relief is if im walking but that only lasts for a short period of time, thank you very much and hope everyone doesn't have to go through what I am... - Teddy (South Dakota State Univ.)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2010, 10:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: Scar Tissue in Back After Surgery

[COLOR="Navy"]Teddy,

I'm sorry for what you are going through. The problem with scar tissue is that if you take it out it usually comes back worse than what you had before. There is no telling who will develop scar tissue and who won't. It all depends on the person. I am fused from T9-sacrum and have no scar tissue. Someone else could have one level fused and have vast amounts of it.

What have the back docs said? Have they referred you to a PM clinic to help with the pain? I know meds aren't what you envisioned at this point in your life, but they can help you function close to normal.

good luck and keep us posted.[/COLOR]

Closed Thread