It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2010, 10:09 PM   #1
(female)

ST22 HB User
Been living with this forever: Thoracic outlet syndrome

Hi everyone! I'm 22 years old and have been living with thoracic outlet syndrome ever since I can remember. It would have to be my luck that I have the rarest kind (all 3 kinds combined). I know its not a very well known disease/injury so I'll kind of explain it and I'm sorry if this is repetitive to those of you who have heard of it lol. Basically my nerves, arteries, and veins are being compressed between my clavicle and my first ribs. It causes nerve pain and 0% blood flow to my arms when standing up straight, doing my hair, etc.

I was discharged from the air force for this condition after months of testing. My surgeon explained all of this to me and said that in my case I need surgery in order to correct it. I also found out while i was there that I have the beginning stages of degenerative disk disease in my cervical spine. Also have a severe case of crepitus in my shoulders (totally grosses people out). Its a really bad cracking/popping sound and feeling. Obviously I have tons of back pain!

I just know that all of these things have to be connected! How could they not be? I'm young so I shouldn't have all of these problems for no reason. I haven't had a traumatic inury that I know of. When I was younger I got thrown off of a horse and landed on my neck but I felt totally fine. Kids don't feel pain! I'm just afraid that the fall caused all of these problems and all of this is a result of an old injury that was never treated. I have a hard time with doctors taking me seriously, I guess since I'm so young and shouldn't be having these problems. But guess what...I do and no one will do anything about it! Sorry everyone...can't you tell I'm getting more frustrated about it the more I write Anyway, thanks for listening to me and I hope to hear some opinions and advice!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2010, 10:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User
Re: Been living with this forever:Thoracic outlet syndrome

[COLOR="Navy"]I certian don't mean to blow you off, but you might get better help and answers if you go to the Spinal cord injury board her. That area has all the "spinies" on it. The folks who have issues with their neck and upper back area. This board is primarily lower back, so we aren't as well versed in the upper cervical area. [/COLOR]

Old 06-18-2010, 02:13 PM   #3
(female)

ST22 HB User
Re: Been living with this forever:Thoracic outlet syndrome

Thanks, I just replied to your post on my other thread too

Old 08-11-2010, 08:40 AM   #4
(female)

TOSneedadvice HB User
Re: Been living with this forever: Thoracic outlet syndrome

[QUOTE=ST22;4267908]Hi everyone! I'm 22 years old and have been living with thoracic outlet syndrome ever since I can remember. It would have to be my luck that I have the rarest kind (all 3 kinds combined). I know its not a very well known disease/injury so I'll kind of explain it and I'm sorry if this is repetitive to those of you who have heard of it lol. Basically my nerves, arteries, and veins are being compressed between my clavicle and my first ribs. It causes nerve pain and 0% blood flow to my arms when standing up straight, doing my hair, etc.

I was discharged from the air force for this condition after months of testing. My surgeon explained all of this to me and said that in my case I need surgery in order to correct it. I also found out while i was there that I have the beginning stages of degenerative disk disease in my cervical spine. Also have a severe case of crepitus in my shoulders (totally grosses people out). Its a really bad cracking/popping sound and feeling. Obviously I have tons of back pain!

I just know that all of these things have to be connected! How could they not be? I'm young so I shouldn't have all of these problems for no reason. I haven't had a traumatic inury that I know of. When I was younger I got thrown off of a horse and landed on my neck but I felt totally fine. Kids don't feel pain! I'm just afraid that the fall caused all of these problems and all of this is a result of an old injury that was never treated. I have a hard time with doctors taking me seriously, I guess since I'm so young and shouldn't be having these problems. But guess what...I do and no one will do anything about it! Sorry everyone...can't you tell I'm getting more frustrated about it the more I write Anyway, thanks for listening to me and I hope to hear some opinions and advice![/QUOTE]
I know how you feel I have been dealing with it also do you get mirgranes from it and its a constist feeling and it does not go away the doc said it was my trigger point what all have they done for you

Old 08-11-2010, 08:45 AM   #5
(female)

TOSneedadvice HB User
Re: Been living with this forever: Thoracic outlet syndrome

How do you deal with it

Closed Thread