It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2010, 10:10 AM   #1
(female)

mommamurph HB User
help :(

Hi,
I posted this a week ago. No one responded . I feel like the last one picked for a team at a softball game!! I am desperate for someones experienced opinion. If you would take a moment, it would really help me and be appreciated.

I went to the Dr. and got the results. He is talking about surgery, and it freaks me out as I have already had several surgeries on my neck (fusion and plates C-3 thru C-7). I have had injections several times with little results. Anyone who has experience and personal opinion would be appreciated. [B]He also mentioned that at L2-3, the [/B][B]bone on bone is causing them to "Bleed"?? I have never heard of this.[/B] The results are;

L2-3 Loss of disc height and end plate osteophytosis. Hypertrophic changes of the facets. Disc loss height [B][B][I]resulting in increased scoliosis. Overall, there is severe spinal stenosis and severe bilateral neural forminal narrowing.[/I][/B][/B]

L3-4 2-3 mm disc bulge. Facet hypertrophy.[B] Moderate central spinal canal stenosis and moderate to severe bilateral neural foraminal narrowing.[/B]

L4-5 Facet hypertrophy. 3mm disc bulge. Mild central spinal canal stenosis and moderate bilateral neural foraminal narrowing.

L5-S1 Intervertebral disc height loss and facet hypertrophy.[B] Severe bilateral neural foraminal narrowin[/B]g.

Any insight would be appreciated. God Bless you guys!

Last edited by mommamurph; 08-30-2010 at 10:11 AM. Reason: additional info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2010, 04:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

maltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB Usermaltluver HB User
Re: help :(

[QUOTE=mommamurph;4317670]Hi,
I posted this a week ago. No one responded . I feel like the last one picked for a team at a softball game!! I am desperate for someones experienced opinion. If you would take a moment, it would really help me and be appreciated.

I went to the Dr. and got the results. He is talking about surgery, and it freaks me out as I have already had several surgeries on my neck (fusion and plates C-3 thru C-7). I have had injections several times with little results. Anyone who has experience and personal opinion would be appreciated. [B]He also mentioned that at L2-3, the [/B][B]bone on bone is causing them to "Bleed"?? I have never heard of this.[/B] The results are;

L2-3 Loss of disc height and end plate osteophytosis. Hypertrophic changes of the facets. Disc loss height [B][B][I]resulting in increased scoliosis. Overall, there is severe spinal stenosis and severe bilateral neural forminal narrowing.[/I][/B][/B]

L3-4 2-3 mm disc bulge. Facet hypertrophy.[B] Moderate central spinal canal stenosis and moderate to severe bilateral neural foraminal narrowing.[/B]

L4-5 Facet hypertrophy. 3mm disc bulge. Mild central spinal canal stenosis and moderate bilateral neural foraminal narrowing.

L5-S1 Intervertebral disc height loss and facet hypertrophy.[B] Severe bilateral neural foraminal narrowin[/B]g.

Any insight would be appreciated. God Bless you guys![/QUOTE]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hi. I'm sorry you haven't had any replies. It's a shame that your dr. didn't take the time to explain what is going on. Basically, you have nerves being pinched due to narrowing of the foraminal openings (where the nerves exit) which puts pressure on them, causing pain. Sounds like you may have some arthritis in there and at L4-5 you have a bulging disc.

I would suggest that you try typing these terms such as (central spinal canal stenosis) into your search engine and read as much as you can so that you can understand your condition. It's my guess that you are pretty uncomfortable....has your doctor told you what he wants to do about this or offered any treatments?

Most often, with pinched nerves, surgery is the only thing that will really help in the long run. You have to understand that the longer a nerve is pinched the more apt there is to be permanent damage to that nerve. Again, the internet should give you all the information you need. Wish I could have been more helpful.

Best of luck......I do hope you will stay in touch.

Carol

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2010, 05:50 PM   #3
(female)

mommamurph HB User

Thank you Carol! I don't feel so all alone now I have done some research. The Dr want's to do surgery. I have had injections and PT. I want to avoid surgery but this has been going on for years. I guess I want confirmation that it is finally time to give in and have the surgery

Old 08-31-2010, 07:45 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User

Hi,

You might also check out Prolotherapy as it has helped a great many patients with spinal stenosis as well as a myriad of other conditions.

I also had the steroid injections to absolutely no avail. Same with PT. Prolo worked so well for me I no longer needed surgery.

Jen

Closed Thread